BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Hi.

It's been a few days... the internets have died at home.
You might expect that I would have finished my Monkey socks, or even started my mystery stole. You'd be very disappointed.

Everything I've knitted in the last week has ended up in the frog pond. I can't seem to find that perfect yarn/pattern combination. I even started my sockapalooza socks (for the eleventy-billionth time) and the pooling bothered me so I frogged them last night. I've gotten to know my sock pal and she's so cool that I want her socks to be perfect. I also have not finished my socks for Katie-the-intern. I'm sort of in a knitting funk. I knit a few rows and then... bleh. Is it lack of energy? Is it depression? Am I suffering from some kind of brain damage??? Could I be turning into a (gasp) muggle? (Say it isn't so!)

Surely this will pass and I'll pick up my needles and click along happily and that clicking will be the metronome by which I will set the pace of my life.
Or something.
Right??

In other news, remember how I went to the doctor's office and I got on the scale and my weight had soared above that number? I am finally below that number again. Not by much, but less is less, ya know? I have not been eating as sensibly as I had planned, but I am making small, consistent changes. I must say that I have been craving something from Hostess recently. Anything - Twinkies, Sno-Balls, Cupcakes, Lemon Pies. I go to my Quik Trip and I walk all the way around to the other side of the store so I don't have to walk by them on the way to the fountain drinks. I know that I can have them, and when it feels less like a compulsion I might actually do that, but for now I'll wait this craving out.

The husband has been acting more like a husband lately... we even had a family Scrabble night last night. I totally kicked both their asses. And he's going to come swimming with us tonight. (We'll see if that one actually happens). Now all he has to do is add a job to the mix and we might be able to save ourselves a marriage!
(Note: I just called him and he's still in bed. It's 1:45. Maybe I have set my hopes too high once again).
Sigh.

In OTHER other news, my tomato plant as produced a baby tomato. It's green and perfect. There are also pinkie-sized green peppers and more basil than you can shake a stick at. I'm excited. We got a lot of rain recently so I was glad they were in pots so I could move them onto dry land. And by "a lot of rain" I mean so much rain that my friend Chris had a zucchini plant that died. A zucchini plant. Died. I was under the impression that you couldn't kill those. We'll see if she has ghostly apparitions of veg toward the end of July.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

When I get a hostess craving, I buy some Weight Watchers little chocolate cake things. They taste like the ho-hos I love... I just eat all of them and it probably adds up to one ho ho, but at least I got to eat 4!

Allison said...

Maybe that pooling was inspired by the pooling out in your yard?? Wish *my* garden could have some of that rain. I'm freaking tired of lugging watering cans.