The Best Bookstore in the World has arranged for a visit from The Yarn Harlot in September. (And the date has managed to not clash with Bean's birthday, Kerri's wedding or the bachelorette slumber party). I am beside myself with glee.
I am also full to the brim with fantasies about how I will meet Her and we will instantly be best friends and then we will have dinner and then we will knit.
Sigh.
Last night I had a dream about Her.
Seriously.
It was really funny, Gwen was there and Lia and Jackie and The Fabulous Bookstore Women and, of course, Shelly... lots of real people. And in the dream I hugged Her and she sort of patted my shoulder and said, "Oh look at that yarn over there!" And hurried away. At some point in the dream Gwen asked me to walk her dog... don't know what that's about, and there was shopping and then we all went to The Anchor for dinner... because, of course, they have a smoke-free room and vegetarian options on the menu and a wide selection of beer on tap.
Of course, I also had a dream that I was a police investigator and accidentally shot someone.
Anyway...
In other news:
I had a really good weekend - I made bread and Kerri and I almost made cheese on Saturday. Sunday I had lunch with a good friend and then we shopped for fabric and used books. I also got a nice, long nap on Sunday and also went to a movie. I feel really refreshed and ready to have a good week!
I think I got the job I interviewed for last week... I got an email today asking if I could come in from 8-4 some day this week. I haven't actually been offered the job, but 8 hours is a long time for just another interview, right? So Thursday I'm going back in!
I would love to post pictures of my knitting but I can't. I'm working on my sockapalooza socks and can't show pictures until Alli gets them. I will give two hints: "Chapman Springs", and "Because they're stranded." I can't wait to send this package!!
I have also been reading... I promised Andie I wouldn't see the new Harry Potter movie without her (she's out of town until Wednesday) so I'm reading book 5 again. I'll probably re-read book 6 also so that I'm ready on Friday at midnight! The Best Bookstore in the World is having a Harry Potter Party from 9 to midnight. I guess every bookstore in the world is doing that... but this one is special. So here's the plan for Friday: See the movie and then race over to the bookstore for the party. Good times.
Things at home have been relatively peaceful... we've been talking (as opposed to "discussing") and we actually went out to a movie last night. Together.
Encouraging.
Monday, July 16, 2007
Harlot Dreams...
Posted by J. Denae at 12:45 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Harlot Dreams - ahh. Isn't is so awesomely special that she's coming to Wichita?? I nearly passed out from happiness when I heard about it... or maybe it was from holding my breath until I realized that it didn't conflict with any other dates or plans in my life! It makes me feel silly but I'm so glad to know I'm not the only one giddy about it. :)
Hello from Emporia. I was just reading on the Harlot's site that she is coming to Wichita. I am giddy with excitement. I am now looking for someone, maybe you to point me in the right direction to stay up to date on all the plans. I don't want to miss a thing. I would also be up to helping in any way I can to make this an awesome visit for the Harlot.
Teresa
Post a Comment