Have blankie, will travel. All of my hobbies (knitting, reading, writing, movies) are possibly - even preferably accomplished in bed. I do *not* nap at work (much... recently...) but I would be willing to nap almost anywhere that I could find quiet and relative dark (or at least shade).
- Get Your OwnIt is cold and snowy today. I would have gone to my first class except that I am afraid of death and I like my car undented. I have to take three highways to get to my first class and it took me 20 minutes to go two miles... and cars all around me were sliding off the highway. It was the strangest thing - they'd be driving slowly and carefully like the rest of us and then Whoop! - not on the highway anymore. Scary. I got to the place where I could either get off the highway and go to my office or I could get on the next highway and I thought, "I can probably make it." PROBABLY?!? Get thee off the highway!!So I did. I left a message for my professor that actually said that I liked his class but I was not willing to risk my life or my car for it. He's a good guy, he'll laugh. I should go to my afternoon classes as I am actually across the street from campus when I am at work... but the 300 pages I have left to read are calling me from next to my bed. Also? There are kitties and diet Dr. Pepper and comfy pants and judge shows at home. Not so much in class. It's WAY too early in the semester to be like this - on the other hand it is WAY to snowy to be away from home. I'm holding out hope that they cancel classes before noon so that I don't have to pretend to feel guilty about it.I had a dream last night that I was putting on makeup - which I never do - and I was trying to get a thick layer of black eyeliner on straight and even under both eyes. What's that about??Things I left at home today:My bookCough dropsThe idiot step-mother's Avon orderChap stickI'm kind of missing my big purse.
Post a Comment
0 comments:
Post a Comment