Anyone else watch Gilmore Girls this week? I'm having a "monkey, monkey, underpants" kind of day.
All morning I've been singing a little song to myself... "My party is tomorrow, my party is tomorrow!!" Then every so often there's another, decidedly less cheerful verse, "I have to clean my house today, I have to clean my house today."
I also, apparently, have to do some laundry. Usually the husband takes over the laun-drag, the laun-drudgery, but this morning I woke up early in the dark and fumbled around for clean clothes. I found a clean shirt and clean sweat pants and even (gasp) clean socks! But there are some missing elements to my ensemble today.
Let's just say: I didn't find London, I didn't find France and I didn't find some other things that I normally wouldn't leave the house without. Usually they're folded nicely in my top dresser drawer... and if they're not there they're at least in the dryer with all of their buddies and sometimes some towels. But today I woke up late (6:40, I'm on the air at 7:00) and didn't have time to track anything down.
Sigh.
I did make it to work on time though.
The problem is that I need to go to Sam's. My intention was to go right after work... but I think I might just go home for awhile first. Maybe hit Sams tomorrow before the party. Which would be better for a few reasons: the husband won't be home to inspect my purchases if I shop on Sunday, I will be very limited in terms of time as I get off at noon and my party is at 4 so I will have less time to browse (translation: wander aimlessly through the over-sized aisles dazed by the fact that you can buy hot fudge in GALLON JUGS!!!), and... there was a third thing, but I got distracted by the thought of hot fudge in gallon jugs.
I had a dream last night that my idiot sister and her (icky) husband stole $10,000 in tens and twenties from my dad and I found out where they were keeping it and stole it back. The rest of the dream was the (icky) husband and the (idiot) sister tracking me down and threatening me. I had the cash on me the whole time, too. I had somehow managed to fold it all down and stuff it in my bra. What the hell is THAT about?!?
Bean and I were grocery shopping the other day and I bought some things for the party... we realized as we were checking out that I had purchased an amazing amount of cheese.
I am actually sort of looking forward to cleaning my house. Well, in an abstract sort of way. I like the way my area rug looks after it's been vacuumed. And I like the way the bathroom smells after it's been cloroxed within an inch of it's life. And I like it when the kitchen cabinets are mostly empty and clean. I just don't like that I have to DO all of that.
My clean house, the kittens and I will see some of you tomorrow. There will be lots of cheese. Maybe I should also serve Lactaid!
Saturday, January 27, 2007
Monkey, Monkey, Underpants.
Posted by J. Denae at 9:48 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
I love cheese. Can't wait!
Post a Comment