I woke up yesterday morning feeling like I had crawled into a bottle of tequila and died. (I hadn't, actually, had any tequila - just so you know). Being at work so early in the morning suuuuuuuuuuuuuuucks when your eyes feel like they're going to burst out of your head like that guy on Pirates of the Caribbean. It also means you can't take any of your prescription medicine... unless you want to fall asleep on the board and drool on the blinky lights and incur the wrath of your boss for falling asleep and your engineer for getting his board all drooley. I assure you that I wanted neither of these things. I did have some otc migraine medicine at work (clever girl) but that only works a little bit.
I went to pick up Bean from my mom's house and right as we were about to leave she decided to stay another night. Seriously. My head hurt too bad to yell, "YOU MEAN I COULD BE IN BED RIGHT NOW, ZONKED OUT OF MY MIND AND SLEEPING THIS REDICULOUS MIGRAINE OFF BUT INSTEAD I DROVE ALL THE WAY OUT HERE TO PICK YOU UP AND YOU DON'T EVEN WANT TO COME HOME??!!" Lucky her.
It's still lingering... the way they do. And I couldn't sleep last night. I took a shower at about 2 and watched a gazillion episodes of M*A*S*H. That Klinger really cracks me up. At 4:30 or so our smoke alarm began to chirp. I thought I'd be smart and take the battery out (just out of the chirping one and then I'd replace it this afternoon) but when I took the battery out it kept chirping. I stood underneath it and actually yelled, "Seriously?!?" which woke the husband. He was convinced that chirping every sixty seconds meant we were going to die in a fiery ball, so at 4:45 I'm online and he's trying to read the model number so we can find the user's manual on the website. Turns out we have this really cool set of smoke detectors that are connected AND rely on power from the house with a battery backup. The battery was, indeed, the only thing about to die. The chirping won't stop until I replace the battery - and I don't keep 9-volts on hand. AA Batteries? Swimming in them. 9-volts? Didn't even know they still made them.
So I don't get political on this blog... but isn't this Nancy Pelosi thing cool?? I really hope she doesn't make us (women and democrats) look like idiots. You know the conservative media is just waiting to pounce on her for something. But first woman speaker of the house AND democratic majority at the same time is worthy of cake. It's the first thing politically that I have WANTED to explain to my daughter.
Sunday, January 07, 2007
Migraines, Battery Issues and Yay Pelosi!
Posted by J. Denae at 7:47 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
I'm sorry to hear you had such a headache. Miss seeing you.
Post a Comment