BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Thursday, January 11, 2007

Nobody Else is Allowed to Get Sick!

The school nurse called me yesterday and said that Bean was having difficulty breathing. Suddenly I, also, had some trouble breathing. I called both dads on the way and got there in less than five minutes. The husband met me there. Sweetie man. The nurse said her lungs sounded clear, but she was scared and pale and her hands were clammy. She thought it was an allergic reaction to lunch - she had pigs in a blanket and kiwi and peaches. Bean said she thought it was the pigs in a blanket. I'm going to vote for the kiwi.

So we went to Walgreens to buy Benedryl. We got through the store and then she threw up all over herself and me and the trash can in front of the store. I got her home and her lips were swelling up so I put her in the tub and got some Benedryl fastmelts in her and she felt better in about thirty minutes.

Scared me stupid. Seriously.

Then the vet called with good news/bad news. Sammie's bloodwork all came back negative. So good news: she doesn't have a parasite or some other horrible disease. Bad news: we still have no idea why she's so sick.
She doesn't look that sick, though does she?
She looks kind of pissed off that she has to stay in the cage.

We're hoping to be able to take her home today... my bazillion dollar kitten.

1 comments:

K. Anne said...

Wow! I hope everyone recovers well!