BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, January 29, 2007

Party Success!!

Just a quick post today... I am really tired and I have about 350 pages of Thomas Pynchon to get though before Friday. Ack!

There are only two things that would have made my pj party any better for me:
1. Have someone else clean my house before the party
2. Have someone else work the 6-noon shift so I can sleep in before my party

There was a lot of laughter and a lot of knitting... My friend M even learned to knit (yay!!). There was plenty of food and the den got warm enough and everyone seemed to have a good time.

The husband came home at 8... on the dot. Atomic clocks have nothing on this guy. He rang the bell and I went outside to have a cigarette with him and when I came back in everyone was getting ready to go... as much as I didn't want the evening to end, I think the husband was relieved. A house full of knitters in pajamas was a little much for him.

And Sammie was the belle of the ball. I put both cats in the laundry room for most of the party bur several people wanted to meet her. Even Chris, who loves cats but is really allergic, took an allergy pill and fell in love. Apparently it's a good thing for me that she's allergic because she says she would have tried to sneak Sammie out with her.

I see more parties in my future... K said she's hosting the next one, and Kerri and I have talked about doing one of those dinner parties where you go to one house for each course and M lives just a few blocks away and said she's game!! Yay!

0 comments: