Seriously.
I fell in the snow twice yesterday... it would have been three times but I was in the grocery store and was able to hold on desperately to the cart. Boy am I graceful. It wasn't snowing at all when I left the house early yesterday morning and even thought I knew there was supposed to be "some" snow I was not quite awake and wore Crocs with socks so my feet were soaked all the way through by the time I made it home.
I actually have pictures of the snow (in my new camera) but I have misplaced the USB cable (of course) so while I can look at them to my heart's content I can't yet share them.
Crap.
Those of you who know me (in real life anyway) have seen the ridiculously large purse I carry. It's ginormous. It can hold a hardback book, knitting project, makeup, a variety of pens, my wallet, keys, hairbrush, umbrella, snacks, camera, small children and a change of clothes. It weighs about as much as my ten-year-old. On the plus side, I can fit everything I could ever need in it and I was always prepared... and it made my ass appear smaller in comparison. On the minus side, carrying around 80 pounds of crap is not good for my back and shoulders. I have been thinking about going in the total opposite direction and buying a tiny purse that could only fit the essentials... so I did it. I bought a new purse. It is so small that I had to clean out my wallet for it to fit inside. I think that my bra cup is bigger than this purse.
Why do I always go to extremes? Why can't I find (as my first and only golf instructor said) "a happy medium"? I have heard that women's purses are indicative of how the woman feels about herself. Apparently I'm going from "all-purpose and always prepared for anything" to "no nonsense, essentials only." I would be willing to bet that my sudden need for a smaller purse has more to do with my new role as "family counselor" for my husband and his mother (who won't go talk to anyone else. Believe me when I say I have TRIED and continue to try) and my need to carry less emotionally than it does with my need to carry less physically.
You know what's going to happen, right? I'm going to end up carrying the purse AND a tote bag with the rest of the crap in it and I'll just end up carrying more.
Sunday, January 21, 2007
More snow.
Posted by J. Denae at 11:50 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment