(I'm all over the place today, people, bear with me, ok??)
It's Over!! Pledge Drive is Over!!!
I'm still here at the crack of early. But I can leave at noon and go buy paint, and I can take some time "off" next week and pack. I say "off" because it's not like I can stay home all day and actually accomplish much. I'll still have to go to Hospice, and I'll still have to go to work for about an hour a day for the automation... but I will work my butt off to try to be ready to roll by the 20th.
I still need to call the movers.
We did not make goal - we're off by about $1500. But that means we raised $163,500 - so that's not so bad. I did not stay to the end as I have done in past drives. I went home yesterday at about 1:30, kissed my husband and went back to sleep. He woke me a few hours later and tempted me with Memphis BBQ... and a movie. He never wants to go to a movie. It was nice to spend time with him - we even managed to talk about something besides his dad - a treat for both of us. I let him pick the movie so we saw The Grudge 2. CREEPY CREEPY CREEPY! I spent part of the movie hiding behind my hair and whispering "I don't like the creepy sound" to my husband. (After we bought the tickets and were heading to the theatre he told me he also wanted to see Marie Antoinette. Shithead). Of course, now I'm all alone in the creepy radio station. Jeez. It was pretty good - for a sequel - but it really didn't have much of a plot to it. It was mostly a bridge to the possibility of The Grudge 3. But the popcorn was really fresh and we were home in time for me to fall asleep to SNL.
I would have knitting pictures to post but my stupid camera is out of stupid batteries. So tomorrow (or at least the next time I post) I should have pictures of a sock, a scarf and a hat. More or less all I did last week was knit and pitch. Oh, and eat. It's not a bad way to spend eight days. I told my mom that I couldn't wait until pledge drive was over so I could stop working 15-hour days. Every day wasn't that bad.
But It's OVER!! It's OVER!!
I haven't been to my house since last Sunday and I have no idea what all my parents have been up to. I guess I'll find out today! I'm buying many many buckets of paint and I'm going over there around 2 (despite the fact that right now I want to go back to bed and sleep for a month). I just want to move in. I want to be done with the yucky rental house we're in now, I want to be done with the landlord, done with the leaking front room, done with the icky carpet. I want to get settled and find the new flow of my life. I want to make dinner in my new kitchen. I want to eat in my dining room with my family and without a TV. I want to sit in my living room with my kitty and knit. I want to do a load (or six) of laundry in my clean, bright laundry room. I want to do load (or six) of dishes in my dishwasher.
(Sigh).
So, Halloween! Is anyone dresing up? They said we could dress up at Hospice (but no scary, political or sexy costumes. No Grim Reapers, no GeorgeW's, no French Maids). I'm not actually at Hospice on Tuesdays and I know that nobody from the station will dress up. Maybe I'll just wear my tiara. You know, just for fun. I'll be at Andie's that night, eating chili on her front porch (in my tiara) and knitting. (With paint in my hair and a song in my heart).
Oh, and lots of chocolate.
Sunday, October 29, 2006
Scattered
Posted by J. Denae at 8:31 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
Oooh, oooh! I'll go see Marie Antoinette with you! Wanna go?!?
LOL
Post a Comment