Here's another picture of my 'thank you' yarn from Julie. It's just so pretty, I had to show it again. It makes me want to learn to dye and spin so that I can create something this special!!
I will eventually load it into the ball winder and knit something from it, but right now I just want to look at it.
(~le sigh~)
Here's my WIP... well, one of them. Bean's "Hot and Cold" log cabin blanket just grows and grows. Each panel is about 1 1/2 inches wide which makes the current dimensions about
30x36.
The picture doesn't really do it justice.
It's really soft and has a nice weight to it. It's made from plain old Sugar and Spice cotton, so unless I need to buy more to finish it that's a whole blanket for less than $20. Not bad at all, eh?
And it's been really relaxing to knit. Row after row after row of garter stitch.
These are my breakfast choices for today... I feel sort of MPD about it ("Sybil, what would you like for breakfast - energy bar and V8? Sun Chips, strawberry mini-Newtons and a Diet Dr. Pepper?" "Yes, please"). In my defense, both the Newtons and the Sun Chips have whole grains.
It looks like a lot, but I won't be eating it all at once. This is my grazing selection for the morning, and I'm here from 6am until noon.
At noon I have a lunch date at my favorite bookstore/cafe in the world. The only problem is that I have to decide what to eat. It's all good... they have a really great salad sampler plate... they should do that with their sandwiches. Then I wouldn't have to decide! When I go with Andie or Bean we get different sandwiches and share, but I'm going with another friend and she might think that's weird.
After lunch I'm going back to the new house to work some more. Jeez-o my arms are sore!! I scraped most of the wallpaper from the dining room. I also spent a lot of last night coughing - I'm guessing it's due to the enormous amount of old wall paper dust I inhaled.
I love my dad. He's so proud of the fact that we're buying a house - and he's so cute about it.
"You need to get some new carpet in here before you move in," says dad.
"Well sure, but we're going to have to prioritize dad. We can't afford to do it all now."
"Well, I know a guy who owes me a favor. He can get some carpet in here for you."
We had this conversation about the kitchen floor, too. Oh, and the cabinets. Seems my dad has been installing granite in the homes and businesses of some very nice people who happen to own home improvement-type businesses. When these people ask how much they owe him for the job them he's been saying, "Well, my daughter is buying a house and she's going to need some help fixing it up. I'll let you know what we need." It's good to have connections.
It's not going to be Extreme Home Makover or anything... and we'll be paying for installation for most of it... but wow.
It feels good to have started on it and it also feels good to have a plan of attack. My mom and dad came over to help a little and mom's coming back again today. Dad is going to show us how to fix the cracks near the door frames on Monday. My parents are really good at this whole home improvement thing and I love that they want to be involved.
Anyway, off to do some actual work.
House pics tomorrow if I can get time to post!
Sunday, October 15, 2006
Eat, Knit, Live
Posted by J. Denae at 7:39 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
You're so lucky your parents want to help and are good at it! My mom is good with painting, but that's about it. My dad hires people, and doesn't help.
Have fun! It's such a sense of accomplishment.
Post a Comment