Still manage to slip from the table and make a huge mess of my day.
My plan today was to skip the morning meeting, take Bean to school and then go to Starbucks and drink a non-fat latte and read for a few hours. Here's how that went...
Bean managed to frustrate the "mommy who doesn't yell" right into hiding. The mommy who yells was ready to rock.
First of all, if you spill milk from your cereal bowl onto the floor and onto your jeans do not just look at it and keep eating.
Second, don't eat cereal in the living room if you can't manage to eat it without spilling it all over the place.
Third, if somebody who looks and sounds like a ranky mommy says, "Clean it up. Use a wet towel and a dry towel." Don't come out of the kitchen with two dry towels. When the cranky mommy said "wet towel" she did not mean that the towel would be wet from the milk.
Fourth, please use your brain and try for some common sense. For the love of Captain Crunch.
Fifth, if you are old enough to make your own breakfast you are old enough to not spill the half that you did not spill on the floor on your shirt.
So she went in to change and came out with a t-shirt dress on over her jeans. Whose fashion victim am I raising?!? I said, "um, no, let's try some tights. They're in the basket in your room unless you already put them away." "I already put them away," says Bean. Then she comes out of her room with no tights on. Ummmmm.... "I can't find them." She says. "You just said you put them away." Confused look from Bean. Seriously. Two seconds have passed and she has forgotten telling me that she put them away. "I said I put the clothes away, not the tights." WE WERE NOT TALKING ABOUT THE OTHER CLOTHES. WE WERE ONLY TALKING ABOUT THE TIGHTS.
What is the matter with my child? Did she get dropped on her head when I wasn't looking? Did I ingest something when I was pregnant without knowing? Is she insane? Did aliens land and take her away? Am I left with an alien changling baby?
So I drop her off at school, reinforcing the love to try to even out the yelling, and head to Starbucks. Which is packed. So I head to my favorite bagel shop instead, through serious road construction. As I pull into the parking lot I get a call from my loan agent. Seems all of that nice money that my mother in law has been giving us to help out is really just a lot of "large, unexplained deposit activity" according to the people in charge of the bond money. Long story short: I ran a bunch of errands and bothered my mother in law and went not-so-quietly insane.
Just now I got another call. Now they want to know why the University deposited a large sum of money in my account at the beginning of August. Student loans, people! So I had to email her a statement from the University that said for this fall I did, in fact, receive money that they did, in fact, deposit.
WE CLOSE ON MONDAY PEOPLE!! YOU HAVE HAD THESE STATEMENTS FOR AT LEAST A MONTH, CHECK YOUR FACTS SOONER, PLEASE, SO THAT I DO NOT HAVE TO EAT BEN AND JERRY'S IN BED FOR DINNER!!!
And some good news... The other realtor called and apparently their plumber was replacing the seal on the toilet and happened to notice that the toilet was cracked at the bottom. She's replacing the toilet just to be nice. Yay her.
Wednesday, October 04, 2006
The Best Laid Plans of Mice and Men...
Posted by J. Denae at 6:02 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Home closing is sooo sooo sooo sooo sooo stressful. Which you clearly realize. I've been feeling restless and ready for the army to move us someplace new, but then I come to your blog and read about home closings and think...ehh, maybe another year here.
You are making me want to murder the people at Bank of American all over again for what they put us through with our closing. DH's head nearly exploded when he had to sign a paper verifying that he'd initialed a paper that verified another paper was blank.
But, YAY for a new house for you!
Woohoo that they are not just hiding that the toilet needs replacing!
After you move in, we will send everyone out for ice cream and we can paint/stencil georgeous things on your walls! (Been watching large quatities of HGTV!!!)
Deep breaths. It will all be done soon!
I'm so glad it's not just my kids who do stuff like that. I have four of them. Can you imagine the mess it makes? They're not always like that, but they are Enough. And they have definitely been like that the last few days. Must be the phase of the moon or something.
KIP tonight!
Post a Comment