BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, October 10, 2006

I will be excited as soon as I feel better.

Yes, I am officially a home owner. Owning that house. Yup.

Here's how we got there:

Sunday evening my father in law fell and couldn't move his leg or his wrist. I convinced my mother in law that if they were unable to get him into the car they would have to call an ambulance. So they took him to the hospital and we waited by the phone. While we waited our realtor called and said that the seller was angry about the roof.

Apparently, when she signed the contract (that her realtor amended to specify that the roof would be done as stated in the estimate we got) she didn't really mean that she wanted to provide the roof as stated in the estimate. We did not specify what company, and we did not say what kind of shingles we wanted. The estimate she specified in the contract included laminate shingles and she suddenly felt we were "trying to screw her over" and that we had "no integrity on our end." What fucking ever.

My husband stayed up waiting for his mom to call and let us know what was going on and let us know when they were on their way home. If she couldn't get him out of the house, she certainly wouldn't be able to get him back IN the house, right?

He woke me up at 3 to go over there. She never called him and when he got ahold of her they were sitting outside the house trying to figure out how to get him inside without falling again. Seriously. Here's the real issue: he needs Hospice. Needs. Hospice. An on call nurse could have come to their house and assessed the situation and arranged for transportation. Issue number two: he needs a wheel chair ramp. I've been saying this for MONTHS. Issue number three: he needs to get out of this huge pile of denial and admit that he needs help and can not safely do the things he used to do.

We got him back in the house. He wouldn't let us help him to bed, just insisted that he was fine. Oh, and his blood sugar was over 400. Uh huh. Hello? Hospice? Can you please educate these people about how to help control this man's blood sugar?

So I skipped my practicum to get some more sleep, we got up and went to lunch.
Feeling like we had been hit by multiple trucks.

We went over to the house to do our final walkthrough and there was no key in the realtor box. We called her to get the key and so we had to wait and wait and wait for her to get there, then we had to walk through while she stood in the driveway saying mean things to my realtor (who is also my aunt). Bitch.

Finally we went to the office to sign the papers... it took, like, twenty minutes. The funds were deposited today, I have keys and we own the house.
Finally.

I will be painting and cleaning all weekend, anyone want to help? Anyone? Hello??

Oh, and my father in law? He fell again this evening. Took twenty minutes or so to get him back up. My husband? End of his rope. He's more or less demanding that if they don't decide to go with some form of Hospice then they need to at least get a home health aide.

And our anniversary was nice... sort of. We went out for dinner. Aside from the house, he got a Best Buy gift certificate and I was told to go "buy what I wanted from KnitPicks." After I got really excited, he gave me a spending limit. I am ordering the Options needle set. Heh heh heh.

Oh, and then I got home and got violently sick. And the sickness continues today. I have a pint of Ben and Jerry's in the freezer. It's been there for, like, three days because (~sob~) it doesn't even sound good.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hang in there gal!

K. Anne said...

I hope you feel better! Call me if you get around to wanting help this weekend!

Lara said...

Ugh. I would say there's a bug going around, but the yucky I feel is due entirely to being a girl (I think.) I bought a pint of Ben and Jerry's this morning thinking it would be the only thing that would sound good. But nope. Now I have to wrap frozen veggies around it to hide it from the kids.