I fell asleep last night before 8:30. Seriously. And I'm only about 125 pages into the 400 page book for the book club. No worries... I have until Friday! I'll just read a lot tomorrow - oh, wait, I have class and work and Hospice. So Thursday! No, wait, I have Hospice and work and my knitting meeting (which I am not missing, even if I have to go to my first ever book club where the leader didn't finish the book). So Friday... Hospice then work. Crap.
Time management skills: F+ (the plus is because I actually realize that I'm screwed).
I am at the point tonight where the words are starting to blur and y'all? I am tired.
I met with the insurance agent today. Not only did he manage to lower our premium (which lowers the house payment) he also saved us a HUNDRED DOLLARS A MONTH on our car insurance. It's not even the lizard insurance.
So far this house is saving us over a hundred dollars a month... and it insulated so much better than the house we're in now, so who knows what we'll save on heating and a/c!!
It's ok, we'll find some way to spend it. (Yarn-y yarn yarn!! Oh, and more bookshelves. And a cleaning lady!)
I gave our landlord 60 days notice today. I'm really hoping he doesn't freak out and/or call tomorrow wanting to show it to someone. (I asked him to wait until the first of November to bring people in, but it's not exactly my call, now is it?) In less than a week I will be a home owner. This is a huge scary step for me! I am picking out roofing tiles tomorrow and we're looking at paint samples and I got excited the other day about something that used to fill me with dread: wallpaper samples. But just for the dining room. Oh, and maybe a border in the kitchen (who the hell wrote that??).
I should not watch Million Dollar Listing... Ray (old, bald guy) was in Vegas lounging around in a frickin Speedo. I'm so glad I wasn't eating or something. I may never ever have sex again.
Oh and the houses give my new house a sort of a complex. These people are making commissions that are more than my whole house costs. And they're all totally fucking nuts.
Just a couple more random things...
Top Chef is coming soon. Yay!!
I found St. Elmo's Fire at Wal Mart for less than $5.
I totally need a manicure because my nails are so long that I keep making odd typos.
I had a really healthy lunch today - hummus and pita and veggies.
My sister is still not speaking to me, but then again, I'm still not speaking to her either.
I think I am going to have a holiday/housewarming party mid-December even though I am a notorious Scroodge. Christmas depresses and irritates me.
Tuesday, October 03, 2006
Sleepy. Very sleepy.
Posted by J. Denae at 10:22 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I got sucked in by Million Dollar Listing last night too. I'm moving to Malibu to become a realtor.
I have avoided all home-selling related shows lately. I just can't even think about house-selling any more than I already do. It will make me crazy. Or crazier.
I'm so excited for you!
Post a Comment