I'm back at work again... I left here last night around 11pm and it's just after 6am. (Did I mention that I hate pledge drive??)
Yesterday we had a phone volunteer who also read palms. I had never had my palm read - it was sort of interesting. I was skeptical... the first thing she said was that I am very creative and passionate about my creativity. (Duh, I was sitting down there with my knitting, lamenting that I only brought two projects to work on). But she said that I was facing a change in careers (go on,) and that the new career would take me away from my family in some way (you mean like right now? I feel like I never see either of them). She also said I had the potential to have more kids. I said, "No, we don't." She looked at me and said, "Stop thinking about it."
There was more stuff, but those are the highlights.
I had a dream last night that Kerri called me and told me she decided to move to Alaska. For some reason my husband was gone... I had Bean and two little kids in the back of the car and I was sitting at a red light and I looked back at them and said to Kerri, "Sure, we'll come!" I didn't even go home, we just started to drive. At some point I stopped at a Wal Mart for supplies (sleeping bags? check. Granola bars and juice boxes? check. Diapers?!? check.) and left Bean and the other kids in the car (which I would never do) and at some point I left a message for my mom that we were leaving. I think I woke up and fell back asleep - you know how that shifts dreams sometimes - and I was still moving to Alaska with Kerri and my three (?!?) kids, (funny that the fact that I had 3 kids is more incredible to me than the fact that my husband might be gone and that Kerri and I might decide to move to Alaska) - but this time I was calling other people trying to get them to move with us. Everyone I called was married and I was basically asking them to leave their spouse. It wasn't until the third person I called that I realized this - I realized that what I was doing might be perceived by the other spouse as a teeny bit hostile...
What does it all mean? I mean, besides the fact that I had a really busy (and slightly emotional) day and my poor little brain needed to dump some crap?
I started the Tychus hat again yesterday and have had to frog parts of it twice now. Don't tell Kerri - I've been telling her how obscenely easy it is. (Hi, Kerri? I think that was in my dream, too. The hat is fine! No problems here!!) Seriously, both times it was because I stopped paying attention to my pattern. I still have a couple of hours before anyone but Andie will be here so I'm going to deal with what's left of the hat. It WILL be finished. So will Andie's pledge drive socks. At the vary least it will help me stay awake!!
Saturday, October 21, 2006
Fortune tellers and odd dreams
Posted by J. Denae at 7:12 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment