It's early and the internets are back at work. Hooray! They shut the servers down on Friday so that they could fix whatever was still wrong after the great melting down last week. I wasn't sure if I would have them back even today so I'm pleasantly surprised. How often does that happen at work?? It's just that I have this Saturday and Sunday morning thing... I spend a bit of time blogging early (you might have noticed) and while I do try not to worry so much if my cheese gets moved around, the internets are something else entirely.
And yesterday sucked without them. Really sucked.
Speaking of 'sucked' - mom and Bean and I went to the mall last night. I hate the mall. Hate. The. Mall. It just feels dirty and after awhile I get a little overwhelmed by all of the mass consumerism. And the people who go to the mall make me question evolution. Oh, and it exhausts me - I don't know if it's the size or the lighting, but there is something about the mall that makes me want to go lie down. And I used to work at the mall... that didn't help. Here's the thing, I love shopping. Target is fine and shopping online is the best thing since almond M&M's. I love fun little stores and even big places like Pier One and Bed, Bath & Beyond. Maybe I'm just a snob.
Probably.
I needed shoes (which I didn't have the patience to look for. There were eight people waiting for one poor girl to find the shoes they wanted and then ring them up). Bean also needed school clothes. It's our back-to-school routine and I appreciate the help from mom. We actually did pretty well, Old Navy was a great stop for us. I don't mind Old Navy. But we kept seeing the parents who are shopping with their kids and yell at them in public. For no apparent reason. I know (lord knows I KNOW) that kid frustration can have a cumulative effect, and what looks like nothing on the outside might just be a subtle build-up of attitude that you just CAN NOT STAND FOR ANYMORE. And I know that telling a 7-year-old seven hundred times to stop touching the sparkles on the shirts can make you a little tense. But back-to-school shopping can be a lot of fun, and spending time with your kid and being pleasant about it is important because there isn't a second chance. You don't want your child to only remember your pissed-off hiss and not your laugh.
Then we stopped by Sears and picked up a new mower (the one my landlord has for us only runs for 5 or 10 minutes at a time and then you have to let it rest. Our tiny yard can take hours). My First Mower. It's bright red.
Of course, in the two hours we were gone the husband mowed. Of course.
Knitterly query... I have "finished" the log cabin baby blanket (and actually started another one) but I'm not sure what kind of edge to put on it. I was thinking about putting a fancy-ish edge, but I'd have to look through patterns and find a good edge... or I could just put a little strip of white all the way around it...
Any thoughts??
Oh, and I can not possibly have a Project Runway party, as my current living room comfortably seats four. Oh, and my house is messy. Frat boy messy. Seriously. But I'm all about someone else having a PR party and I'll come and bring my garlic dip. And I'll make salsa.
Sunday, August 13, 2006
Shopping... but not in a good way.
Posted by J. Denae at 7:15 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment