
I got a manicure yesterday. I'm trying to take an hour every Friday that is just for me. Last week I took myself out to a nice, sit-down, no-rush lunch and yesterday I got my nails done. They're "I'm Not Really a Waitress" from OPI. Love it. I was always more of a neutral tone/light pink kind of girl. Then I worked in a nail salon and had crazy long nails and was very fond of the plums and purples. Now, I'm a REDREDRED girl... this picture really does NOT do the color justice. It looks too pink here. Anyway, my nails (which usually bend and break if you look at them sideways) had grown so long that I was having a hard time writing. Now they're shorter and prettier and redredred.
Happiness really does all come down to the small things.
But I figured out what I don't like about getting manicures... I am uncomfortable being that close to someone I don't know. I know, I could go regularly and then I'd get to know her, but what I really want is to not have to interact with anyone and then walk away with pretty nails.
Guess what I got last night?? I got a reasonable amount of sleep. Crazy, I know. I was asleep by eleven and my alarm went off at five, so I got 6 hours of sleep that was only interrupted by snoring. I wish my husband would take some freaking allergy medicine. Seriously.
Classes start on Wednesday and I'm feeling more settled in my practicum. I have lost that "whatthefuckhaveIdone????" panic and sheer exhaustion has gotten me to bed earlier. I am still not happy about that. I have been a late-night person since high school. I love late night tv, late night snacking, late night sex, late night quiet. I love that feeling that I am the only person in the world who is awake. Now I have morning rush hour and sunlight and, you know, PEOPLE in my way all the time. I know, welcome to adulthood, right? Well, I've been an adult for awhile now and I have managed to maintain my college schedule more or less. And the husband and I are on totally different clocks right now so we're rarely awake at the same time. Which sucks. And sort of explains why the whole stress-thing is at such a crisis point.
On to the comments...
First of all, Becca, don't be so quick to dismiss the Wick. Take a moment to think about the softness. Delight in the fact that it is soy-based, thus proving that soy is the world's most perfect food, knocking bananas off their high horse. (Well, I've never seen banana-based yarn). Seriously. I'm in love with this yarn. It's a sock thing, unless you're a sock knitter you wouldn't understand.
Now I'm craving edamame. (Mmmmmm... Edamame...)
BUT, about PR you're totally right. WHY THE HELL IS VINCENT STILL IN PROJECT RUNWAY?!? I haven't posted about it yet because some of my KIP friends had taped it and I didn't want to spoil anything... but it's been long enough, right?
I swear that if he had said how much his (ugly, sad little) dress "turned him on" I was going to vomit. He is rude and has bad taste (says the fat girl in the midwest who is wearing a red t-shirt and purple crocs... so whatever). Seriously though, I really don't like that creepy little hobbit.
Lara, resistance is futile. You need this yarn. Want to feel mine again? When my order comes in I'll bring it to our Knit in Public meeting and you can feel it and see the pretty colors in person.
Aija, feel the yarn. Revel in the yarn's goodness.
And, y'all, I'm easily distracted. I'll love this yarn with everything I have until the next soft skein comes along. So don't pay too much attention to me.
But try this yarn.
Seriously.
Saturday, August 19, 2006
Red Nails + Blue Yarn = Purple Calm
Posted by J. Denae at 7:52 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment