So last night around 10 I told Bean to go to bed. The bathroom sink was clogged and the husband was grumpy and we had to get up this morning too early to think about. She went and I unclogged the sink and then the husband and I went outside (for a cigarette... I know. I should quit...). At 10:20 or so I opened her door and I found her crouched beside her dresser near her nightlight... knitting.
Seriously.
Imagine my dilemma! She is breaking the rules and flat out disobeying a direct order. To knit. The husband said, "Hand over the needles." I gasped and said, "You can't take knitting away from her!" I explained to her that I was not mad that she was knitting. I was thrilled, in fact, that she wanted to knit. It was a timing and misbehavior issue. Then I gave the trust lecture, the disobeying lecture, the we-have-to-get-up-early-and-I-am-not-carrying-your-tired-butt-to-the-car lecture. I said (calmly) I am really angry about this and we will be discussing some form of punishment.
Then I went to bed and knitted until 1:30 in the morning. (Well, my mommy didn't TELL me to go to bed).
But we did talk about a fitting punishment. She's going to her dad's house tonight so grounding is no good. Instead, when we got to the radio station this afternoon I talked to the receptionist and she had a mindless, boooooring task for her to do. She's been working for about an hour and she was very sad that there is a lot of day left. It's great. Bean was excited to be helping, but the excitement wore off and now it's a real punishment. And Kerri gets some help transcribing listener comments. Pages and pages and pages of listener comments. Heh heh heh.
I made an Avon delivery last night and the woman I delivered to was knitting... so I told her about my knitting group and she joined!! That's the second person I've tied to recruit in the last week, and the first who actually signed up. I hope she decides to come.
Knit on!
Wednesday, August 02, 2006
Crimes and misdemeanors
Posted by J. Denae at 3:26 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment