It's good to reconnect with old friends.
Apparently I did well with Surfer Guy's family. The appetizer I brought (cream cheese and cucumber on sesame Melba toast) disappeared quickly and his mom asked for my phone number because she wants to learn to knit. (Woot!) She does crochet and she showed me a crocheted mobius cowl that she made that (I swear to Bob) looks like it's knitted. Something about picking up the back stitch? I don't know. It was cool.
I brought my baby cocoon because it's just straight knitting, and to muggles it's apparently impressive when you knit without looking at your hands.
His brother-in-law makes the BEST ribs I've ever had, his mom mixes a mean White Russian, and his dad is a geologist who tells very funny stories that tend to end with, "but at least there was beer."
Surfer Guy did not hover... but he did check up on me from time to time and that was very sweet. Deluded, as he still claims he can get me up on a surf board, but sweet.
I did not spill anything on myself... well... I spilled some water on myself, but it was outside and nobody noticed.
And I did not talk about monkey penises.
We did talk about Jeff a little bit, because they knew him. It is nice to be in a place where I can give honest answers about how I'm doing.
All in all it was fun. But next time? I need a designated driver.
Monday, April 20, 2009
Success!
Posted by J. Denae at 11:11 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment