Sick is sooooooo not my favorite thing.
I'm feeling better, but I'm still not 100%.
Yesterday I tried to go out to lunch with Sally and ended up with a flat tire. Not just a flat, though, an exploding tire that scared the crap out of me and stranded me at QT for an hour waiting on the tow truck. Dammit!!
Look, I know that there are other ways to handle this, but while I KNOW how to change a tire (and my oil and breaks for that matter) I'm SO not going to. First of all, there are people who are WAY more qualified than I am to monkey around with my car, and also? They have the right tools... and also? It's just one of those things that I'm not going to do.
Because I am that kind of girl.
It was totally worth the $60 tow fee to be able to sit calmly and knit while someone else took responsibility.
So two tires, a new battery and an oil change later (4 hours, $300) I was exhausted (from all the sitting around). I went to the station to do my automation and then Andie and I went to Sally's to have a lovely dinner and knitting time.
As I was getting ready to leave I realized that I locked my keys in my car... DAMMIT!!
I had two options. I could call a locksmith and pay $50, or I could call That Bad Bad Man (who has my spare key). I called him. He wasn't quite awake, but he came out anyway. But because he wasn't quite awake, my keys were in his other coat... so he broke into my car - without causing any damage, because he is very sneaky and talented that way - and then retrieved my keys.
He's really good at rescue. And I think he enjoys my reluctant Damsel in Distress... my FAVORITE part of the whole tire incident was that I didn't have to call any of the men in my life for help...
Sally said she used to be a "Key Slut" - which I totally LOVE and must also become. A "Key Slut" is someone who distributes keys to more than one friend for occasions like this. I am TOTALLY going to make copies of my keys... and also I need to make friends with someone on the west side of town so that all of my bases are covered.
Saturday, April 11, 2009
Dammit!
Posted by J. Denae at 10:23 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment