BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Happy, Dammit

I'm going to try anyway...

I have addressed about half of my graduation announcements. It's amazing how many addresses I don't have! All of my communication is either digital or face to face... and while I know where people live, I've been to their homes and everything, I don't know where to send their mail! I will be finishing that task soon, I'm hoping to get them in the mail this Saturday.

And Saturday is my party!! I'm really excited about it (even though if I think about it too much I either cry or start feeling anxious - you know, all of those people there for me). All of my favorite (local) people in one space!! And Mr. Andie is making gumbo... and even my parents and That Bad, Bad Man will be there.

And it looks like I might actually graduate, too!!

With one small exception my part of the research paper is done. I just have to tweak something and then, you know, present the information. I have less anxiety about the presentation than I do about the party. Go figure. I have a minor paper in another class and then I'm done. I have a very solid B in one class, but otherwise I'm not worried about anything.

My practicum is almost over, too. Initially my supervisor said Friday would be our last day, but then he said he wanted us here next week until Wednesday. So just another week.

I think my resume is in good shape, and my practice tests have been better than that first round. I'm actually getting enough points to pass... which means it's entirely possible that I could pass the exam.

It is so weird to finally be in a place where I can see the end clearly. I can't, of course, make out anything that comes after that, but I can at least see the end. Sally has been very helpful in keeping me sane about the future. She's been supportive and complimentary and also? She is really good at thinking outside the box when it comes to applying this degree I've been killing myself to get. Love ya, Sally!

People have been taking bets on how long it will take me to go back to school. I'm in the NEVER EVER EVER group, but I'm all alone in there. I will say that to be a licensed sex therapist I would have to go back to school... and that there are no schools for that locally, but there are some in California.

I'm just saying.

As something to think about, you know, long term.

0 comments: