... Well, ice day anyway. And also? I still have to work.
It's been raining since yesterday and this morning I scraped a slushie off of the windows of my truck. By the time I leave today it will probably have more heft to it. The schools actually closed today in anticipation of how bad it's supposed to get this afternoon.
But right now I'm warm and cozy at the station. Bean is with me today and we have soup and sandwiches waiting for us for lunch. I wish I had put a roast in the Crock Pot for dinner!!
And why did I bring Bean with me today?!? Wellllll..... last night I told her to watch the news to see if school was cancelled before she got ready this morning. Then she was running late so she thought that she missed her bus. Since it was raining and not actually icy I didn't think to double check the weather. She's 11, right? She can watch the weather and know if she has school, right?
Nope.
We got to the school and there was nobody there. I said, "Hey Bean? Notice anything interesting about school this morning?" She said, "We must be late because there's nobody in line for drop off."
Sigh.
She was apparently looking for the specific name of her school, rather than the district. I should have told her what to look for.
I should have double checked.
But they never - EVER - cancel school here. It's almost pathological.
I should have taken today off instead of yesterday. But it was so wonderful!! I slept for HOURS. And then I got up and ate lunch and then I napped until Bean came home and then we had dinner and then I went BACK TO SLEEP.
I know that sleeping that much is unhealthy and usually a sign of depression, but screw that. I love sleeping. More than chocolate.
Also... I had another weird dream about my friend Darren. We were the age we are now, but we were in high school - only the high school was in the elementary school we went to... we were taking our finals. For most of the dream we were sending each other text messages. And there was something about tacos. But I'm sure that was meaningless. Right? Most of the time a taco is just a taco. Right?
Anyway, wish me luck on the drive home! I'm not worried about my driving - and I loooooove my truck in weather like this - but this kind of weather makes about half of the idiots in this town lose what's left of their minds. It's like they think that they will be safer if they drive fast enough to get away from all of the other cars on the road. Morons.
Tuesday, December 11, 2007
Snow Day
Posted by J. Denae at 11:40 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment