Thanks for all of your submissions!! I have enjoyed looking at all of them.
OK. To judge these submissions I saved them all to a separate file and looked at them without anyone's email attached.
This is totally MY OPINION and I apologize if you created, knitted or love any of these scarves. I think they're horrible, but then I wear leggings with socks and crocs under my dresses in the winter and think that it's warm and cute, despite all photographic evidence to the contrary.
The second-prize winner is :
The "Links" scarf, submitted by GimpyKat.
Wow, right? Someone made this. On purpose. I wonder if the little wienies are stuffed or something...
Bleh.
So GimpyKat, you have your choice of $15 worth of yarn from Shelly Dyes Yarn or Amazon.com, just let me know!
Now, the first place scarf had to be ugly. And also uncomfortable-looking. It also had to shock me that someone would go to all of the trouble to MAKE the scarf in the first place, and then think that it was a better idea to wear it (or give it as a gift) than to... I don't know... kill it?Here are the 3 that immediately stood out:
"Help, help, the scarf is trying to kill me!!"
It's not ugly exactly, I mean, the color is quite nice and also flattering... but it probably weighs more than she does.
"The Trouble with Bobbles..."
Aside from the puke shade of green, who needs this many bobbles on ANYTHING?!?
And last but certainly not least:
"I can't stop throwing up this Yarn!"
aka
"Green knitted Santa Beard. With Pin"
Now, had these three submissions come from three different people I might have had a serious problem! But lucky for me, Miss K. submitted all three and so she wins the 1st prize. EITHER a $25 gift certificate to Twist or Yarn Lust.
Sunday, December 16, 2007
CONTEST WINNERS!!
Posted by J. Denae at 8:13 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
LOLOL Wow.... Yes, U-g-l-y... lol
This wa sa great contest. I loved it, thank you so much
lol...thank god for ravelry!!!!
those were good ones for sure! lol, i kind of like the beard though...maybe it is the green luring me in!
Those are hilarious!! I got my package and I love it!!! How did you guess that I love Panera (going there friday night with the girls).
I'll get pictures taken and up on the blog sometime this weekend.
Thanks again, I love it (especially my little coffee beans, they are so cute!!!)
Post a Comment