There is someone I stay far, far away from.
This person is bad for me and also, makes my head go all spinny. Which is bad for me.
Michelle has vowed to beat me senseless if I ever stray down that path again. It was bad for me.
When things were good with the husband, staying away from this person was easy and I didn't really think about it. When things got bad I still didn't even think about it... why jump from the frying pan into the vat of molten lava? Frankly, if things go south with the husband - well, that is to say, more south - I will not be dating (or "consorting") for a long-assed time.
But this person was sort of flung in my path for a very short time about 30 minutes ago and despite my best efforts and past experience I am a bit spinny.
Which is to say, damn he smelled good. And we have this flirty rapport that has existed since about ten seconds after we met (which was about 17 years ago). And it's been a long time since anyone has flirted with me. (And I pushed him away for a reason).
I think that the thing that has me all freaked out isn't that I saw him and my head went all spinny, but that the difference is so enormous between how I felt for about thirty seconds about thirty minutes ago and how I usually feel.
I'm not going there. I'm really not. I promise.
OK. I'm going to need someone to hit me really hard... to re-set my head and everything.
I'm going to go and take a short nap. In the snow.
Tuesday, December 25, 2007
Dude, where's my Equilibrium?
Posted by J. Denae at 12:44 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Don't make me come up there and hurt you. I'm not fond of snow. :)
I have someone in my life like that. You know the kind that like to toy with you just cause they can. Just say NO!! You can do it!
You can do much, much better than him. He was just a delivery of Christmas hope -- to remind you that you are smart, funny and desirable.
Post a Comment