BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Friday, December 07, 2007

Books!!

Today I arrived at work to find a package waiting for me!! I love the online ordering frenzy that hist me right before Christmas. I also love that the weeks of extra shifts have made it possible to do this without losing my house!! Exhausting but worth it.
Like last year, I can't seem to order for other people without tacking a little something on for myself... This time it is books - from Zooba though, so not even all that expensive!
These are the books I found for Bean:























And these I found for myself:





Ignore the Amazon.com markings and buy from your local, independent bookseller. Or Zooba.

I tend to buy more at my local bookstore, but I can't get away from the great Zooba prices. It's sort of like my new yarn purchases... I buy a large percentage of my yarn at Twist, but I still make the occasional Knitpicks purchase. I believe in local businesses and I believe in independent sellers, but I can't stay away from a really good deal!

I still have quite a bit of my list to get through... and no idea what to get for my dad.
I meant what I wrote the other day: I am NOT going to great lengths this year to find the "perfect" gifts... but if I can get close without making myself crazy I'm all about it.

Well, I'm off to read.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great books! And if I were you, I'd also read Magik, I read the series and wholly enjoyed them :)

Turtle said...

Don't you just love books! I could so spend hours at the bokstore or online surfing through books! (oh wait i do!) Those xmas ornaments from your pal are adorable...and how clever to just decorate the pre bought rice krispie treats...may have to do that one too!

Anonymous said...

Those books look terrific. I can't wait to read Run and The Abstinence Teacher. I LOVE Ann Patchett.

I may have to join Zooba--I'm not happy with bookswim. The shipping is so slow.