BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Thursday, December 20, 2007

Oh the Randomness...

I know that nobody cares... but I got all A's again this semester!! My grad school GPA so far is 3.9!!
It's a good feeling even though I know that once I graduate there won't be anyone but me (and my mom) who cares at all. I have wondered more than once if going back to school was the right decision, and I have wondered if the sacrifice is really worth it. I was so close to dropping out of the program at the end of last year. I was so tired and burning out fast... and I really (really really) didn't care anymore. (That would be the reason for the one B that made my 4.0 a 3.9).
This semester we had to do a family tree of sorts - it was supposed to be culturally focused and I organized mine by education level. I also included my step-family as they have been a part of my "cultural history" since I was about 5. Even with the inclusion of all three families my mother is the only person with a masters degree. Crazy, right?
It's funny how I spent so much of my life being really critical of my mother and now I am glad to be so much like her.

*****

There is a sock retreat through The Loopy Ewe. In April. In St. Louis.
And it doesn't cost a thousand dollars.
And I can DRIVE to St. Louis from here.
Here's the catch: it is the last weekend of the spring pledge drive.
Fucking job.

*****

Last night the husband said he had been noticing that I had changed in the last six months. I wasn't as quick to comfort him as I used to be. I said, "Yup, you have actually depleted my reserves. Did you think I was kidding when I kept saying 'I feel like I have nothing left'?"
The exchange that preceded this was regarding our fight the night before. He said (about the fight) "I'm not a bad guy." He says this a lot. Usually I agree with him. Last night I said, "What, you just play one on TV?"
OK. It was a little sharper than I meant it to be. But there is only so much a girl can take!
No, he's not a bad guy. He's also a hard worker and has a healthy sex-drive. Not that you would know that by ANY of his actions over the last 18 months or so.
He's not a stupid person.
He's just really self-involved and tends not to react to stuff that isn't smacking him in the face.
And even then it takes awhile for him to react. He sort of reminds me of that turtle thing in The Neverending Story.

*****

My mom bought me a rockin' pair of boots for Christmas. They're knee-high and made for girls with larger calves. Like me. I tried them on and they didn't fit. It was sort of (and by "sort of I mean really really really) embarrassing to not fit in the fat-girl boots in front of my mother. My weight is the one thing that is still an issue between us. Otherwise we're golden.
Anyway, the plan was for me to send them back and see if they made larger sizes.
They do, but I'd have to send these back and then wait for another pair...
So I decided to try them on again - you know, without the audience. (Side note, did you know that you can't "suck in" your calf? Um, you can't).
But I did manage to get them on and they feel pretty good. They're leather with a microfiber back panel so I think that they'll stretch out a bit and it won't be such a struggle.

*****

In totally unrelated news I think I'm going to cancel the gym membership we never use and buy an elliptical machine for home.

*****

Andie is gone for 3 weeks. Stupid Christmas.

*****

I still have not purchased my iPod. My computer is not working. It's in the "hospital" - aka The Engineer's office - waiting for a part. Then he has to take it completely apart again and fix it and put it all back together. I figured that if I can't access my computer for file transferring it would do me no good at all to buy the iPod.
On the bright side, all of the Dorito crumbs that have accumulated under the keyboard over the last 2 years have been cleaned out.
So that's good.

*****

I've been shopping online again. I know. But I needed that Bare Minerals makeup! And also all of the sock yarn.
But here's the best part: It is my habit to have everything sent to me at work - fewer questions from the husband and I get it (theoretically) sooner. But this means that anything that doesn't get here by, um, tomorrow will not get to me until the university re-opens in January.
I am so smart, S-M-R-T.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the grades! That is fantastic.

Oh, and a side note, fat girl boots are not always made for fat girls. This said by a girl with big calves!!

Knit and Fit said...

Well, I care that you got all A's this semester and I will remind you of it every time I see you.

Anonymous said...

Awesome grades! Congrats! I don't wear boots 'cause I have the same issue with my calves. I'll have to look check those out.