BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Friday, November 02, 2007

Winter Coffee Swap

Question 1
When did you first start drinking coffee? What age were you? Was it about the caffeine, or do you love the taste and smell? Tell us how your passion began!

I started drinking coffee when I was eleven. The older kids at church started drinking coffee with the adults between Sunday School and the service. My friend Cynthia decided we were old enough to be like them. We even drank it black to prove that we could do it. At first I drank it to look "cool" and then I started to really like it. My first job was at a hair salon and we lived on coffee there... and of course, all of my poetry-writing oh-so-deep friends and I would sit in coffee shops for hours and drink coffee until our hearts threatened to beat out of our chests!
Bean got a much earlier start. When she was 10 months old she had just mastered the sippy cup. We were at the mall with her grandmother and she ordered a mocha. We were talking and at first we didn't notice that Bean had grabbed the cup (luckily it was relatively cool by then). She took a drink before I could grab for it and she kept drinking, fighting me the whole time. Ever since then, even as a baby, every time she smells coffee she wants some!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh yea. The little ones can even enjoy the mochas LOL I recall my niece doing something very similar once!