I actually took a walk today. The weather is really nice still and my friend S and I walked and looked at the leaves turning and falling from the trees. It was lovely. It would have been lovelier if I didn't have to work tonight and we could have walked longer.
There are lots of things that I admire about this particular friend, but the one thing that stood out from our conversation today is her ability to see the bigger picture. She makes plans and reassesses them based on the larger goals she has for herself.
Wow.
Maybe you all do this too and I am just a pathetic weirdo who stumbles around blindly. (Sorry if I bump into you or step on your toes in the process).
I mean, I have goals. I do! But they're more like, "Try not to eat too much crap today." And also, "Make dinner at home more often; something more substantial than frozen chicken nuggets." I also have the "make more money" goal which was followed by the "go back to grad school" goal and then, more recently the "get a second job so that you don't lose your house" goal.
But I don't have a 5-year plan. Other than "get Bean through High School with no piercings, tattoos or babies" and "don't gain more weight." And also, "figure out how to manage the ever-growing stash of sock yarn before it completely takes over the house." Not that sock yarn doesn't deserve it's own house.
And it's not that things always work out according to her plans... sometimes things go a whole different way and she adjusts her plans and goals accordingly. But at least she has some vision.
I have some Fig Newtons. And some yarn. Some vision of what I want my future to look like and a plan for how to reach that vision might be a nice little addition.
Sunday, November 11, 2007
Goals?!? Plans?!?
Posted by J. Denae at 9:46 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
You are absolutely not the only blindly stumbling around pathetic weirdo.
Sure, we might be the only TWO, but that's better than nothing, right?
But you are flexible. You are open to the universe and all its new ideas. You are not boring.
Post a Comment