Thanks for all of your support!! Sorry to be so whiny. I am determined to feel better, so in with that in mind here is a post of positive things!
-Today I wore pajamas to work. A pledge drive t-shirt and pink, fuzzy pj pants. I am comfy and warm. I also have my blankie in the car. Just in case. Last night I took a long (long, long) hot shower and then covered myself with lotion and then went to sleep. So today I'm all comfy and soft and good-smelling. Like a baby. Only I have to work and I will have to find my own lunch. Otherwise though? Baby.
-The lotion I used was fabulous!! Avon's new Naturals Body Yogurt - in Peach. Holy cats. It is creamy and thick and not at all greasy-feeling. It's apparently not available on their website yet but if you're interested let me know and I'll hook you up! It also comes in raspberry. And maybe blueberry.
- The next book for my book club is The Pirate's Daughter by Margaret Cezair-Thompson. I'm not quite 100 pages in, but so far I really love this book! It is making me want to drink fruity rum rinks and eat pineapple. And rent Errol Flynn movies.
-We are really short-staffed at my part-time job and I signed up for a crap-load of extra shifts. I realize that the next week or two will be exhausting and I will be crying and complaining, but I just have to keep my eyes on the prize... that paycheck. And the fact that I have two jobs can be stressful, but I have two jobs. Some people don't even have one... and since the second one is hourly I can increase my income by putting forth a little extra effort. Hell-o Yarn. I mean, Christmas presents. For other people.
-I have amazing friends. There are a few who have been around for a long-assed time... I've known Emilie and Michelle 19 years! There are the work friends, the knitting friends, the blogland friends, the friends who defy categorization. When I am down and sad and yucky it isn't that I forget that these people exist... it is more that I am waiting for them (you) to suddenly realize that you have more important people to care about. Self-doubt and self-pity are a bad combination! But I am very lucky that there are such strong and amazing women around me and I honestly learn important things from you all every day.
-My checking account is not negative. I know that ordinarily this is not something to get all excited about... I mean, your checking account is not SUPPOSED to be negative. That's like saying "I didn't get a speeding ticket today!" or "I'm not drunk at work today." (I mean, I didn't and I'm not, but anyway). But the way things have been lately, it is a wonderful thing to check my balance and find that it is positive.
- I got an email from my Monkey Swap pal and apparently my Monkey package should be here any second. I love presents. I also got an email from Knitpicks... my copy of Drunk, Divorced and Covered in Cat Hair is on the way. Not that I ordered anything online. A-hem.
Tuesday, November 06, 2007
Detemined Cheerfulness...
Posted by J. Denae at 11:29 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment