I started the NaNoWriMo last night. After staring at a blank screen for almost an hour I cleaned the keys, got a snack, chatted online with Sally and then finally wrote a sentence. Then I watched ER and checked blogs. Then I wrote another sentence. And then another one. I have about a page and a half... of the six pages per day goal.
Sooooooo, maybe I'll "make it up" once I get going. Maybe I'll just fly through the rest of it like sheep to the moon!!
Then again, maybe not.
I did finish The Maytrees by Annie Dillard this afternoon. It's the book club book this month, and today is book club Friday!! When I read this book I felt submerged in it - surfacing for the real world felt as physical and transitional as climbing out of a swimming pool. And the urge to re-read this one, to slip back into this narrative is as strong and as steady as a tidal pull.
In yarn-y news, I broke down and bought the Interweave Knits Holiday magazine. I also may have accidentally placed a small-ish Knitpicks order. Maybe. I did manage to have a little talk with myself first, though and realize that ordering another $20 worth of stuff to get "free" shipping was just stupid. Sigh.
I also have misplaced my Interweave Knits Favorite Socks book. That is making me really grumpy. If I don't find it I will replace it - it's that good. And as a bonus, If I don't find it and replace it and then find it I'll give one of them away on this blog!! Because that is how we roll.
Knit on, Knitters!
Friday, November 02, 2007
Behind Already!
Posted by J. Denae at 3:23 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment