Anyone else tired?
While I would never admit to falling asleep at work... let's just say that I have done a few things this week that I wouldn't admit to. Including falling asleep at work. More than once.
The best part? I've had a high-symptom week in terms of anxiety and tired + Xanax = more tired.
I haven't really been knitting much... a few stitches here and there... but I've been reading like crazy! I read two Joyce Carol Oates books (Middle Age and Man Crazy) and am currently plowing through Nature Girl by Carl Hiaasen. I haven't read anything by him before, though I've heard good things. It's interesting and quite a contrast to Oates, but I don't know if I'll read any more Hiaasen or not. But Oates? Wow. She's something else. Dark and twisty and such an amazing writer.
I did buy yarn to make a hat for my brother... though I am clearly more tired than I thought. The hat I wanted to make is a black and red skull and crossbone hat from Son of a Stitch and Bitch. The yarn I purchased (at Twist, of course) is black and red, but a much (much much) heavier weight than the pattern asks for. Because I pay attention to details like that so well.
I'll just make another hat instead. Whatever. I'm too tired to wrestle with fair isle right now anyway, right? The other hat is a double knit pattern - another technique I haven't tried. I cast on last night and tried but it just didn't look right. I thought I might wait until I've had a little sleep and a chance to review knittinghelp.com.
Or maybe just make him a plain hat with some stripes.
Or maybe I'll just buy him a gift card.
Saturday, November 17, 2007
Saturday? Again? Already?!?
Posted by J. Denae at 9:10 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
I love Joyce Carol Oates and haven't read any of her books in awhile. Double knitting is a pain by the way.
Post a Comment