BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Z-Pack to go, please.

So I woke up this morning feeling like I had a 10-pound weight inside my forehead. I got up to go to the bathroom and almost had to crawl on the floor - my balance is waaaaaaay off. I woke the child and then the husband and told him he had to take her to school because I didn't think I could drive. He grumbled for a minute and then got a good look at me. Ghastly, apparently.

I slept all day. I couldn't watch tv or read or knit because I couldn't focus on anything long enough to accomplish anything at all. The only time I didn't feel like I was going to throw up was when I was asleep.

I'm not sick-sick... that is, no stomach flu or anything. I feel like I'm on a boat. A small boat. In a storm. My official diagnosis is that I am suffering from some sinus-related issue that is affecting my equilibrium.

So I didn't go to class today, didn't work on my paper and didn't get anything done for Pledge Drive. A whole day in bed and I didn't even enjoy it because I was actually sick. Damn it.

I got up around 4:30 and made my way to the office. (Small boat in a storm in a truck). It took a lot of effort to stay vertical. So much effort that I was pale and sweaty when I got home. The husband was home by then and he directed me back to bed and took care of dinner.

I did manage to knit a little tonight - I even had an epiphany and figured out the "magic loop" method for socks. I have seen instructions and I have seen it done, but until tonight every time I tried it myself I ended up cursing. But this time I think I've got it. Yay!
I can still only knit a couple of rows at a time, or read a bit at a time... and this post is taking a lot longer than a usual post.

The last time I had sinus issues (a few weeks ago) I just waited it out and that seemed to work, but since pledge drive starts Friday (FRIDAY!!!) I think it might be time for chemical intervention. Tomorrow I'm going to see if anyone at Dr. N's office has a minute to look me over and prescribe something that will help.

'Night all!

0 comments: