It is snowing. Real, honest-to-bob snow. A week ago it was so hot we contemplated turning on the air conditioner and were trying to convivce my parents to open their pool before May 1st and today it's snowing.
The newly planted tulips in front of my office are trying to look perky but they're not doing a very good job.
We had dinner with the mother-in-law last night. It was fine... we were all on good behavior. In the past she has taken offense at some random, seemingly harmless thing I've said and turned it into a reason to hate me, doubt me or not trust me so we'll see what she comes up with this time. I try to not talk. But that is hard for me to do most of the time anyway, and then there are all of the uncomfortable silences that make me say things like, "Um, in class today I learned that we're not supposed to say prostitute anymore. They're sexually exploited persons." I was about five minutes from "Guess how many jelly beans I can fit in my mouth at the same time?" When the waiter brought the check and it was time to go.
I need a nap.
Thursday, April 05, 2007
Poor Tulips!
Posted by J. Denae at 3:44 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment