BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, April 23, 2007

Donut Day.

Every pledge drive I have one day where I eat more Krispy Kreme donuts than should be humanly possible. Seriously. I lost count today around noon I just had one (ok, 2) more. I'm going to feel like shit tonight and I already have a headache. Will that stop me from getting another one if I'm down there? Nope.
My current plan is to try not to go to the pledge room. I might be able to manage that. I'm also drinking a lot of water.
The nice thing about the fact that it's happened so early this drive is that it generally only happens one day and then I don't want any more Krispy Kremes ever again (or at least until the next drive).

In other news.. I'm at the heel of the second "jelly Bean" sock for Bean. I also got some yarn in the mail today - one package was Lorna's Laces that I won on Ebay on SATURDAY! Lightning fast shipping. Too bad I don't have lightning fast knitting... I want to knit it up now, but I've got other things on the needles and I'm really trying to decrease my unfinished projects. Speaking of unfinished projects... the other package was an "accidental" Knitpicks purchase for a big blanket I'm planning for myself. I read on someone's blog that she was making a block a month and would sew them together and make a blanket when she was finished. I like that. I'm so fond of little projects - especially right now, and a blanket is a HUGE undertaking (right, Kerri?) but a block is small and manageable. Also, I have a book of different stitches that I can break into and learn/practice things like cables and fair isle and stuff.

I still need to finish my baby sweater (tick, tick, tick) and I have about two and a half weeks left at Hospice... I wanted to make a pair of socks for Angie before my last day. So much knitting, so little time.

Speaking of time, I'm seriously behind on the book for the next book club. It's LONG and I'm only about 100 pages in. I have less than two weeks. Shit.

1 comments:

Woman who knits said...

Krispy Kreme's. I don't think you can eat too many!!!! =) They truly are the best thing in the world! I might just have to hit the drive thru later today now!!!