BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, April 16, 2007

Can I get an Amen

From the Knitpicks Shine Sport lovers in the house?

It's my new favorite yarn. In fact, I may have accidentally ordered some Shine Worsted today when I was accidentally drooling on the Knitpicks site.

Anyway, this is 1/4 of a baby sweater that has (so far anyway) not caused me to scream "oh fuck it all anyway" and throw it far into the night. But then, there is another 3/4 of a sweater to knit and the wee babe is due to show up in about three weeks. Hmmmmm.
We don't know if it's a boy or a girl and though the picture is not a particularly well-lit one, the colors are cream and willow. She doesn't like "baby" colors and she asked for neutrals. So neutrals it is. It's actually very pretty and sooooooooooooft like you wouldn't believe. It's so nice to knit with that I am contemplating a big ol' fat girl sweater of my very own from this yarn. It's lovely.
I, of course, have a serious headache. Serious like when I tried to focus on my knitting the world started to sway a little on the periphery and I had to take some ibuprofen and lie down. Serious like I wish I could just take a couple of Valium and sleep until it goes far, far away.
Not, apparently, serious enough to keep me from blogging, but I will keep it short.

Sammie says "hi."




And "Mrrrrrp," which in this case means turn off the computer and snuggle with me.

So I will.

1 comments:

Gwen said...

The sweater looks good. Using non "baby" colors for a baby sweater seems admirable to me.