BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wednesday, April 25, 2007

What I do during the drive...

(Forgive the horrible pictures - something is up with my flash)
Jelly Bean socks for Bean...
I just have to finish the foot on the second one and she's good to go. The colors are BRIGHT (unlike the photo, damn it).
There isn't anything special about them - basic sock pattern, just very short. But they're hot pink and lime green socks for my Bean, so Jelly Bean socks.
I promised her that they would be done by the time she gets back from her dad's house on Tuesday. Guess I'd better get moving...

But I got my KnitPicks yarn in the mail and I have been knitting blocks...
Since I have never had much luck with cables I started with them. This one is still on the needles and there are some mistakes. If it were a sweater I'd worry about it, but since these will ultimately be turned into a blanket I have decided to LET IT GO. (Don't tell The Yarn Harlot).

The color is not at all representative here. The yarn is actually a very soft rose pink.

This is the one block I finished so far... cables,
cables, cables!!

I have several balls of this yarn so the blocks should hold me for awhile! Plus, my newest Rockin' Sock Club delivery came today and I am LOVING IT!!! I'm not posting pics just yet... but I will say that it is a new yarn from the Blue Moon ladies and there is silk in it!! Someday soon I'm going to put all of my sock yarn in one place and photograph it for a total sock yarn porn Friday. But not this Friday.

The pledge drive is going very well, actually. We might actually be able to end on Friday instead of Saturday. I really hope so. I am tired of all of the people and all of the stress and all of the food. I know, right? When I start getting tired of all the food there is something totally wrong with the world. Indeed. But seriously, we are all stress eating and a whole station full of people stress eating is ug-ly. I managed to only have 2 donuts today. That's an improvement.

I have a story... but I think I'll save it for tomorrow. It's about underpants.

1 comments:

K. Anne said...

love bean's socks!