BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Saturday, April 28, 2007

First a response to the comments:
April- thanks for commenting. I am so sorry about your kitty - it's so hard when that happens and my thoughts are with you.
It's interesting that you referred to the "sister" feeling. I am having issues (to put it mildly) with my own sister and have only recently realized that just because we are technically related does not mean that we have to be friends or communicate much beyond family gathering pleasantries. Obviously, it would be nice if we could be friends - optimal even, but that is not something I can hope for right now. I think that one of the reasons that blogging has become so popular is because we are all looking for some kind of connection.
It should be strange that I have a much stronger "sister" connection with my friends (and some bloggers) than I do with Abby, but somehow it isn't. It's comforting and reassuring that there are people "out there" who (along with my 'real' friends) think that I am interesting or funny or at least worth their time and comments.

Everyone blogs for different reasons... I blog because it is sometimes the only writing I do for weeks, because I am in love with the blogging community of knitters that I have discovered, and because it is absolutely therapeutic. Also because until I taught my best friends Andie and Kerri how to knit there wasn't anyone in my daily life who really wanted a daily update about my knitting progress or new yarn purchases. The husband does a really good job pretending that he is interested, but it's like that Far Side cartoon: "Blah blah blah blah,Ginger, Blah blah blah."

I finished the Jelly Bean socks for Bean... and even though it was close to 11 last night and I had to be up at 6 I find myself casting on for another pair of socks. I did about 6 rows of ribbing before my muscle relaxer kicked in and it was taking me way too long to remember the "pattern." (You know: k2, p2). Then I cleared off the bed and dropped off to sleep. Fell off a cliff into sleep might be more accurate.

I had horrible nightmares that combined my angst about my sister, abandonment issues, carnivals, Hospice, not being able to protect my child, being locked in a small space and large, strange monsters. That kind of mixture takes talent. And also, apparently, drugs. But I will say that my jaw does not hurt so much this morning. I have this "minor" jaw clenching response to stress and it has gotten so bad in the last few days that my jaws are swelling and my teeth hurt. I need to get a night guard, but ibuprofen and muscle relaxers are getting me through right now.

It's the last day of the pledge drive. Less than $6,000 to go and I'm hoping that we can get that done in just a few hours and then I can go home and sleep and knit and read. The next book club night is less than a week away and I have about 700 pages to go. Yikes.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello again-
Ah yes, now I know why I feel a connection to you at times.
I too struggle with my sister and our ongoing relationship. I now understand the comment
"can't pick your family..." it can't be very difficult!
Thank you for the mention about kitty (Henry is his name).
Keep writing, I enjoy checking in to hear about the newest, latest adventure. Funny part- I'm not a big knitter. My friends are and I pick up great blog links from them.
Be well- april
ps- my favorite recent post was a dinner w/ your mother Inlaw. I absolutely laughed out loud!! I felt your pain~