So yesterday it rained all morning and we had a thunderstorm for most of the afternoon. At about 4:30 I was heading to the station to work that automation magic and the rain was sort of "chunky." By 7:00 we had big, wet flakes. In the middle of April.
This morning it was still snowing when I left the house (at 5-freaking-thirty), but it was warm enough that the snow on the windshield was still slushy rather than frozen solid.
And guess what the temperature is supposed to be for Monday... 70.
But along with my sinuses, I think all of this weird weather has affected my brain.
Here's the problem:
My cousin is having her second baby in May. A few weeks ago I found a baby cardigan pattern that used contrasting colors of sport-weight yarn and was knit from cuff to cuff. I'm sure I printed it out... I am positive. Almost. Anyway, I can't find it. Anywhere. And when I "accidentally" ordered yarn last week I ordered yarn for this sweater. The one that doesn't exist.
I have been all over Google and the rest of the internets and I can't find it. I found one that is cuff to cuff, but it's not the one I saw the first time. The first one used a variegated yarn and a solid and made stripes.
Crap.
And also, last night I couldn't sleep. Last I remember it was about 3:30 and my alarm was set to go off at 5... I saw most of a really strange movie with William H. Macy, and part of some movie about driving school in which the lead actor clearly thought he was Bill Murray. He was not. At all.
So I am bleary-eyed and so tired that my hands don't seem to belong to me. And the brief, odd dreams I had were the ones that seem like a claymation diorama of what someone thinks my life is like.
BUT... yesterday was a good, good day. I spent quite a bit of the day with my friend D, always a good thing, and then when I went to work the owner of the local independent bookstore was there. It's good to know people who own bookstores. It's really good if those people like you. She had good presents (3 books, including the new Stephanie Pearl-McPhee) and then she said that she was going to contact The Yarn Harlot's publisher and see if we can get her here for a reading. HERE for a READING. I should not get excited yet, but remember when Jane Hamilton was in town and I ended up talking to her a lot at the after-reading reception at the bookstore-owner's house? If this all works out I could end up KNITTING WITH THE HARLOT. (It will be a sock, obviously, and it will be Blue Moon Fiber Arts yarn).
Ok. I'm getting ahead of myself. Waaaaaaay ahead of myself. And I have actually calmed down since yesterday. Last night I was reading her book, thinking about what I would say if they asked me to introduce her. I know, right? I need to relax, or I'm going to work myself into such a state that if she DOES come for a reading I'll pass out and end up in a coma until she leaves.
Promise me that if I pass out and end up in a coma somebody will tell Sarah to try to get her to come to the hospital.
That is, IF she comes.
Saturday, April 14, 2007
Spring Snow Melts Brain...
Posted by J. Denae at 8:54 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment