Coffee. Coffee will save me. This week, under (potentially questionable) advice from my thin, very nice, and super-healthy friend Jackie I decided to try to cut down on the amount of diet soda I drink. Um, it didn't go so well. Thursday I drank iced tea and water and only one 16 oz. bottle of diet Dr. Pepper ALL DAY. Friday I started with iced tea and moved on to water and then I fell asleep in front of Bean's school (in my car, of course) and took a little nap while I waited for her to get out. I slept hard and woke up groggy.
Then I had a huge diet Coke at dinner and a huge(r) diet Dr.Pepper at the movie. (Bridge to Terebithia. Got see it, take Kleenex).
But I will press on! I will drink some coffee this morning and then switch to water and I will try to rid myself of the soda addiction. (I think I can, I think I can).
******
Has anyone seen the new sandwich at McDonalds? It's a "double" fish sandwich. It sort of gives me the willies. Bleh. It would probably help if I liked the fish sandwich to begin with, but I don't. The thought of two rectangles of McFish makes me feel really oogy.
Moving right along...
*****
Last night on the front porch I killed TWO mosquitoes. Two. What the hell? It was less than zero degrees ten days ago. Now it's been in the 50's and 60's for a few days. In a few days it will be in the 20's again and there is a chance of show tonight even. And there were MOSQUITOES on my frickin' porch. I am a mosquito magnet. I could move to Alaska in the middle of winter and the one mosquito that survived the journey in a shipment of bananas would find me and bite me before he died a cold and lonely death. Stupid mosquitoes.
*****
Um... is next Friday really the first Friday of the month? Shit on toast. It's book club night. Remember last month how I was reading that Thomas Pynchon book and it was hard and stuff?? Remember how I almost didn't finish the 500 pages I was supposed to read? Guess how many of the second half I've read. That's right! None!!
*****
I got my Lucy sock yarn from Blue Moon Fiber Arts yesterday. That would be the last thing I ordered online before I started my self-imposed sanction on the use of the "clicky finger." It's harder than I thought it would be. Donna got some yarn from an Etsy shop called "Crash into Ewe." The yarn she got was "Proudest Monkey." Dave Matthews, anyone?? Could I LOVE some Dave-inspired yarn? Hell yes I could! So I went to the Etsy site and came SO close to clicking without thinking that I scared myself. When is Lent over, anyway?
*****
Today is K's Pink Party. I'm looking forward to some knitting and some talking and some pink-wearing. I did finish my pink socks. They're a little big, but I think I figured out the problem. When I make the big socks to fit my big feet I need to to the decreases more frequently than the pattern says I should.
Today I'll be working on Andie's second Crusoe sock and my Rowan Calmer hat.
*****
Did I mention that I love this yarn? I want to knit everything in the world out of Rowan Calmer. Though Lia says Cashsoft is softer. (~le sigh~). Andie and I are thinking of making a trip to a small town about three hours away that has a rockin' cool yarn shop (that carries all of the Rowan yarn) and also has a fantastic Greek restaurant. Let me know if you want to tag along!
*****
I have not colored my hair for a few months and (thanks to a slow fade) there is no tell-tale line, and it is as close to my natural color as it has been since I was twelve. There are quite a few white hairs - not gray, WHITE - peeking through and I can't decide what to do about that. Maybe it's time to go red again. Or Manic Panic purple. Maybe after my practicum I'll do something a little wacky. Maybe.
*****
Bean wants to change schools next year. She's had enough of the bitchy little girl who controls the tone and temperature of the room. It's more frequent now that she comes home sad and heartbroken. This little bitchy girl is manipulative and once Bean stopped reacting to her crap the little bitchy girl pulled other little stupid, easily swayed girls in and about half of Bean's friends are under the bitchy girl's influence. I told Bean that little bitchy girls are everywhere and it only gets worse as you go through middle and high school but she said moving to a new school for 5th grade would give her a fresh start. True. She would also be at our neighborhood school and would meet the kids she'll possibly go to middle and high school with before middle school. And she might meet kids from our neighborhood. On the other hand... running away doesn't solve the issue, which is that we all have to learn how to deal with the little bitchy girls of the world, don't we? Why can't I protect her forever?!? Why can't I go smack that little bitchy girl AND her presumably bitchy mother?!?
*****
I just got a call from the student who is supposed to come in at 1 so I can go home (and get ready for The Pink Party). He's sick. He's not coming in. Which means that I do NOT get to go to K's party and it means I will work eleven hours by the time I get to go home. He said, "Should I call someone else to see if I can get someone to cover for me?" I said,"There is no one else. I guess I'll take care of it and I'll see you tomorrow."
FUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKK!!
Target is actually hiring now...
*****
Now I'm too mad to think of anything else. I want to cry. And then take a nap. And then cry some more.
*****
At least I'll have time to read the book I hate.
Saturday, February 24, 2007
Random Saturday...
Posted by J. Denae at 8:17 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Lent is over on Easter (April 8 this year). ;) I think Easter candy is a reaction to all the people who give up candy for lent. It's a post-lenten binge. (OK, probably not, but I think it's a nice theory.)
That commercial for the double McFish sandwich makes me want to throw up. Yucko. Fish is such a wonderful thing, but not when corrupted like that.
Are you talking day trip to the super-cool town with super-cool yarn shop? Let me know.
I want to tag along, I want to tag along, I WANT TO TAG ALONG!!!!
lol
:)
Post a Comment