BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, February 12, 2007

Foggy Random Day

Rainy and foggy and dreary today - just the sort of day that makes me want to curl up in bed and sleep and sleep and sleep. It also makes me sort of random - just a warning.
*****
Why isn't there a drive through that only serves good, filling, low fat food? Why must I either be organized enough to plan ahead (~snort~) or eat bad food? I know, I know, a lot of the big chains are making an effort to offer healthier choices... but there are only so many times I can eat a soggy chicken breast on wilting lettuce.
*****
I need to clean out my car. This may actually require some kind of equipment - a backhoe maybe? Andie suggested a laundry basket... I estimate it will take more than 15 trips using just one average-sized laundry basket. I may have to do this in stages... but I need an oil change and it's just too embarrassing to take it in like this.
*****
I hate Extreme Makeover Home Edition - mostly because of Ty. He's like that woman on "Out of Control" crossed with Pee Wee Herman. Only on crack. And whose bright idea was it to give him a bullhorn?!? But I watch it anyway, the other designers are cool and I like the before and after shots. Anyway - I love Ed. Doesn't everyone love Ed? And Ed got hurt on last night's show - I feel so bad for him and for his family! I know that they tape ahead so he's probably ok now (right?!?) but I just want to send him cookies or something.
*****
I have been craving macaroni and cheese a lot lately. I could eat it every day. Seriously. Not the homemade kind, the Kraft kind in the blue box. And the microwavable single serve kind is disgusting - not the same thing at all. I have a dedicated macaroni and cheese pot, too. Not like "all I can cook in this pot is macaroni and cheese," because that would be crazy, more like "this is the pot you use for macaroni and cheese." I don't know what I would do if I had to make more than one box at a time for some reason. I'd have to use a larger pot and that would be wrong. It probably wouldn't taste the same.
*****
TMI ALERT!!! TMI ALERT!! Skip down if you don't want to know!!

I have not had near enough sex lately. Short of grabbing my husband by the ear and dragging him into the bedroom and pointing vigorously at the bed I don't know how much clearer I can be with him on this subject. Oh, and coming to bed and waking me up at 2 in the morning when I have to be up at 6? Not a workable solution to this issue.

TMI SECTION ENDED!!!
*****
My favorite holiday in the world is Valentine's day. The husband is not so good at the gift buying, but he's getting better. How hard is Valentine's day anyway?!? You all know what I want, right? I want to buy myself some yarn and knit while I eat the ginormous box of (good quality) chocolates he is supposed to buy me. This is not complicated people!!
*****
My dad is cool. And also full of good ideas. I was over there yesterday and he was mixing chocolate milk into his coffee. I love that man.
*****
Andie and I saw Catch and Release on Friday. Now we have determined that someone must give us a large sum of money so that we can move to Boulder and open a yarn shop/music store/cafe/bar/B&B/bookstore/bakery.
Clearly we need a business plan. And a shitload of money.
And I love the soundtrack - as much as I loved the Garden State soundtrack and for some of the same reasons.
*****
Avon has a new addition to their Naturals collection. Honey Lemon. It does not, in fact, smell like lemon Pledge. It smells really good and they have a body balm that feels really good on dry, wintry skin.
*****

2 comments:

Ingrid Potter said...

SERIOUSLY girl What the hell is with men waking us up in the middle of the night expecting us to be in the mood? Come on...


And ditto on Ty. Super annoying, supremely NOT hot.

Lara said...

ROFLMAO. Apparently all husbands do this waking you in the middle of the night thing. I actually once told the hubby that if that's all he could muster up, we would not be having sex any more. That worked for a while. Better timing. But, he knew I would cave on that one. :p And I will stop there for fear of TMI.

I get to be in on the shop, right? Do we have to move to Boulder? (Although, one of my best friends in the world lives near there . . .)