BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Thursday, February 22, 2007

Knitting and weeping and knitting and cookies

Look! Andie's knitting a sock! After two restarts she completed one full row. She didn't even throw it across the room and yell "Fuck this fucking sock!" like I did with my first sock. I was knitting my cabled hat (two whole rows of easy cables... the hard stuff comes later) and she was knitting (and re-knitting) her sock and we were not watching TV. No worries, though, my DVR is my favorite thing in the world. I'm watching Gray's now and I won't spoil it for anyone who hasn't watched yet, but there is this scene with Derek and Meredith's mom that made me cry. And it's still early in the show. I'm screwed here. I haven't even watched ER yet.
It's kind of an emotional night anyway... I've been trying to ignore it, but I'm tired and this show is making me weepy. I ran into a guy I went to high school with (his boys go to school with Bean). He and his wife just adopted a baby girl. She is beautiful and soft and so unbelievably small. This baby want will pass. We've been down this road many times before and it will pass. It's not practical, it's not workable and it is certainly not a realistic want.
Now I need cookies. And xanax.
Time to keep knitting and stop thinking so much.
Gray's is over... I'm going to watch My Name is Earl and The Office before I wade into ER.

***Update***

Of COURSE My Name is Earl is all about babies tonight.
Of course.
Vodka anyone?

0 comments: