BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, September 01, 2009

Blahsville

Had a(nother) second interview yesterday... Including me, there are three people vying for two positions. One is a QMRP - basically more responsibility and more money, and the other is a case manager. I think they really like me, and I got to meet some of the clients... but I have been down this road before. It's entirely possible that the other two people interviewing have worked with this population for ten years and I will be edged out (again) by experience.
But how is one supposed to GET experience if one can't get hired??

So my life has slowed down again to wait.

I'm trying to sty positive and leave the house at least once a day, but that is actually much more difficult than it sounds. I just don't feel very social these days. And I get tired so fast.

I have been falling asleep by 10 every night and then waking up around 2. I don't know what the hell that's about, but it seriously needs to stop. It means I have been watching a lot of daytime TV. That also needs to stop. Morning Newscast banter, Martha Stewart, The Price is Right and other inanities are sucking away my will to think.

Friday I decided to mow the front yard (I KNOW, right?). I think my lawn has been mowed three times this summer. It's wrong. I know. But the front yard gets so much shade that it doesn't get very high, just scraggly and I'm rarely in the back, so I don't realize that it's, you know, waist high. And I hate to mow. Hate it. So I go into avoidance mode.

It wasn't so bad, but I was too tired and WAY overheated by the time I got to the backyard so I thought I'd finish on Saturday. I made it almost all the way through the backyard when the mower died. And when I say "died" I mean sputtering and emitting black smoke. Dead.

So after all that I'm going to have to call someone else in to finish anyway.

So I'm off to do more laundry and watch my soap opera.

Hi. I need a fucking job.

0 comments: