My day did not start out as I planned. (I know, that's what I get for planning).
But my Saturdays are famous for their loveliness and I have apparently grown accustomed to things, you know, working out.
I picked out clothes last night, a normal outfit and gym clothes (which I packed in my adorable, new gym bag which has MONKEYS DOING YOGA on it!!!) because the PLAN was to leave work a little earlier than usual and go to yoga with Sally and Andie. (Monkeys doing yoga. STILL funny).
Following yoga I have a lunch date with Jessica and then I need to take a party nap so that I'm ready for the Tommy Emmanuel concert tonight. I set my alarm for 6:15 so I would even have time for a shower.
I even slept last night, without any medication, which almost never happens on Fridays.
When I woke up I noticed that it was a little bright outside for sometime-before-6:15-because-that's-when-my-alarm-goes-off. So I checked the clock. It was 8:30. Oh yes, ma'am. A full 90 minutes PAST the time I was supposed to be at work, with caffeine and an Egg McMuffin, ready to tell Weekend Edition listeners what the weather was going to be like for the next three days.
By the time I got to work, everyone was in full-on panic mode (though nobody called me until 8:55 as I was racing to get to the station before the next break). I made it just in time to switch everything over for Car Talk.
But that put me WAAAAAAY behind, so I missed yoga. Which makes me sad. I love yoga. And I love Sally and Andie. Though since Andie my friend is also Andie my boss I'm thinking she might not be so in love with ME right now.
So now I'm just waiting for it to be time to go to lunch, and I'm hoping that's the only snag in my day... because the rest of my day involves good food and great friends and napping and Tommy Emmanuel - who is beautiful and amazingly talented and also someone I will want to see live every chance I get.
OK. Lunchtime.
Saturday, March 21, 2009
Is Saturday the New Monday??
Posted by J. Denae at 12:26 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
I don't know. There's something in the air these days. I overslept twice this week and I never do that! I hope you are feeling more centered today. And btw, you are an awesome Secret Pal, in case I forgot to mention it recently.
Let's just pretend Monday is the new Sunday, or Saturday, or whatever day you'd like it to be tomorrow!
Post a Comment