BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Thursday, March 12, 2009

Crazy Cat Lady

I haven't been sleeping much.
In the last few weeks I've read:
Sex and the Single Vampire(12) and Sex, Lies and Vampires(13) by Katie MacAlister, Home: A Novel(14) by Marilynne Robinson and Bitter is the New Black(15) by Jen Lancaster.

And clearly I don't have much of a life these days because I'm going to post about the cats again.
(That's not true... I have a life... but it's March, and there is sooooooooo much in my head that we just want to step carefully around).

OK. But the funny cat stuff...
So last night I had to make sure Sheldon didn't eat or drink after 10. Which means that none of the cats got to eat or drink after 10. Which means that around 10:20 the rotating cycle of questions came.
"Um, Hooman? Hi. Cause there is no food for the kitties where the food for the kitties goes? So... yeah."
"Hi. Hooman? I also happened to notice that none of the water bowls are out... and so... yeah..."
"HUNGRYHUNGRYHUNGRY! Ohhh yarn!"

By 1:00 it was a little more insistent. Sheldon was on my chest crying and Sammie was giving me that look... the "Don't make me get Serena" look. Then Serena sauntered in, and she was sort of half Marlon Brando from The Godfather and half Glenn Close from Fatal Attraction. "It appears to me that you have two choices. You can put the food back where it belongs and we can for get this whole unfortunate situation, or you can become food. I WILL NOT BE IGNORED!!!!"

At 1:30 I kicked them all out of the bedroom and went to sleep. This morning when I opened the door they all ran over. I scooped Sheldon up and got him in the carrier and then I replaced the food and water.

Poor Sheldon was trembling when I pulled him out of the carrier to hand him over. So I held him for a minute, and whispered reassuring things into his silky little ears. He's such a force of nature that I forget sometimes that he's just a baby... and as far as he remembers he's my baby.

So they're going to call me by 2:00 and let me know how it goes. He will come home tomorrow. Poor kitteh.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Yep-next stop is twenty or more kittehs and a carton of marlboros a week and meals-on-wheels... :D

Anonymous said...

So what did you think about the book, "Home"? I enjoyed it and the companion "Gilead". I know that wasn't the central thought in your post but I am easily distracted :)
Bobby

Anonymous said...

Is Sheldon becoming a eunuch? Meals on wheels...yum.