OK. So Bean is fine. She's just a teenager. Irritability and difficulty sleeping are also symptoms of adolescent depression, and the bruises are apparently just bruises.
I am so relieved.
I was trying so hard to stay rational and calm and not freak out... but I was really scared. I didn't talk about anything but anemia as a possibility, but she was scared too. While we waited for them to call her name she said, "What if it's like Jeff?" I knew what she meant. Jeff had been in for tests a few months before he died and they didn't indicate anything was wrong. I said, "But it's not. He never told them what was wrong so they didn't know what to check. We're telling them what's wrong and they're checking."
We are just both understandably touchy about this particular topic.
The first time I saw Dr. N after he died she sat down with me and his chart and she showed me what they tested and we talked about what tests would have shown the problem and why she didn't know use them. He was not at all honest about how he was feeling.
So now I feel like I overreacted... but that's OK with me. In this case I would rather overreact.
Have a great weekend everyone!!
ps. Dear SP... just a quick THANK YOU! I'll be in touch!
Friday, February 27, 2009
Unclench
Posted by J. Denae at 1:26 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Glad to hear she's ok.
I'm glad everything's fine. I can understand how you might be touchy about that stuff. I was thinking good thoughts for her.
Post a Comment