BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, February 02, 2009

Sick and Tired

I know. The speed with which I update my blog is mind-blowing. Like, how could any of you possibly keep up with my fast-paced life?

Right.

I have been sick... Sick enough to take time off and stay in bed. I've had a massage and acupuncture, a nice bath, lots of sleep, enough vitamin C to sink a ship and tons of fluids. I still feel like ass, but at least I can get out of bed. Until today I have been mostly just sleeping and sweating.

I know that one of my dreams has always been to just sleep and sleep and sleep and sleep and then get up and eat pancakes and then sleep some more. Here's the flaw in that plan: My mind gets really bored and starts making shit up. I had the MOST bizarre dreams - scary ones. I actually woke myself up screaming last night. Luckily the cats were the only nightmare responders last night... Bean apparently slept through my madness. I don't even really remember what was so scary, I just remember that there was more than one dream and they were all terrible.

I have not been reading or knitting or doing anything productive at all. Just sleeping.

Wait. I did see a movie. That Bad, Bad Man and I went to see Gran Torino. (And yes, you should go and see it. No, you should not take the kids).

Today is my attempt at re-entering the real world... Class starts in a few minutes and I'll be away from my bed until 7pm. That is about twice the amount of time I've spent away from bed in several days.
So wish me luck, y'all!

1 comments:

MHellon said...

I'm sorry you were feeling bad, drink some whiskey, it will help...really!