So if the graduate student peeks out and doesn't see her shadow are there still thirteen weeks left in the semester?
Yes.
I have finished two more books... The Rest of Her Life by Laura Moriarty(7) and The Hemmingses of Monticello: An American Family by Annette Gordon-Reed(8)... but it has taken almost a month to read two books. That's just sad.
I haven't been knitting much either... I'm still working on a foofy scarf for my cousin and the sweater and socks for my mom. I knit a few rows and then the yarn just sits in my lap.
And it's not just me! Lara reported on her blog that she's not knitting much, and Andie and Sally and The Fabulous Michelle were over last Saturday and NOBODY KNIT ANYTHING the whole evening. Weird, right?
I did get a stern and necessary lecture from TFM about how jacked-up my feet are.
Apparently when you break your foot and then don't take the time to get physical therapy things don't heal appropriately. Huh.
When you hurt yourself your body does this weird re-shuffling of tasks and refuses to admit that the hurt part exists... except, of course, for the pain part. this re-shuffling tends to throw everything off balance. So I am waiting for a call back from my Doctor and find out if I can still get PT.
Meanwhile I am trying to remind myself to walk like a person who has, you know, two feet. (Heel, toe, heel, toe, heel, toe). It's not that difficult until you have to think about it... then you start moving like you're in slow motion.
'Cause I needed to be slower.
I am working out... on the Wii fit mostly. I love that thing. I am not at all good at the strength training stuff, but I have ironically great balance. Seriously. last night I did three of the balance tasks and scored really high on all of them... and then tripped over my own feet on the way to the bedroom. Apparently "balance" and "clumsy" are not the same thing after all.
This weekend I'm planning a return to the knitting... I'm getting a haircut after work on Saturday and then off to Twist for knitting and socializing and then to a Valentine's dinner and movie with my friend T. If you are also Valentine-less you should join us! Despite the lack of romance in my life I am still totally in love with Valentine's Day. I love the color scheme and the chocolate and the hope! (Oh the hope). The possibility that you might be very, very special to someone else.
Sigh.
And the kitteh... oh Sheldon. He's such a handful!
"Who, Me?"
Luckily I have help... 
Sammie is really good at playing with him and showing him who's boss. He totally understands the hierarchy of the house - he will attack Sammie without a second thought, but Serena must be approached carefully, and if he does get up the nerve to actually touch her he immediately jumps back like, "Kidding! Just kidding!!"
Tuesday, February 10, 2009
(peek)
Posted by J. Denae at 10:37 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I hope I see you at Twist this weekend. There hasn't been enough Jillo in my life lately.
No, balance and clumsy aren't the same at all. I can stand on one leg in yoga class forever. But I also fell down and broke my arm (years ago) when I tripped on . . . some SAND. Isn't that like choking on pate or something?
I want a Wii just for the WiiFit.
Post a Comment