BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Sunday, February 15, 2009

Valentine's Day (Part Trois)

There was so much love in my day!

I got a call this morning. From a floral delivery company... seems they were trying to deliver flowers to me!! I said I would not be home until after four but that I would be at Twist all afternoon. "Oh, the yarn shop!" He said, "I can send them there!"

I figured they were from my parents, or maybe once again from Emilie who surprised me last year with roses... but when I saw these
Roses
and then read the card indicating that they were actually from That Bad, Bad Man I almost fell over.

I was actually without speech for a long time... just sort of sputtering.
What's funny is that the last time I received non-apology dozen roses from a non-platonic man-friend it was just over ten years ago and (interestingly enough) also That Bad, Bad Man. (He was only a "Bad Man" then though, in the intervening years he has earned the second, distinguished "Bad").

I won't reveal the message on the card, but I will say that there were a few people at Twist who had never seen me blush before. No matter how he frustrates me and how distant he is sometimes That Bad, Bad Man loves me. And I love him right back.

It amazes me how sweet he can be, we both try so hard to pretend otherwise.
I love this sweetness in him.

Oh, but there's more!

So then I spent some time with my friends at Twist, talking one of them through picking up stitches on 2-at-once socks.
Then a lovely nap with the kitties... and I woke thinking I would like to swim. I checked the YMCA website and the lap swim was from 7-9 on Fridays.
(Did you catch that? Friday? 'Cause I didn't).
I put my suit on under my jeans and sweater and drove to the Y. I carefully folded my things and put them in the locker, braided my hair and rinsed off in the shower as the sign says to. When I found the door to the pool was locked I asked and a woman in the locker room said, "Well they close in fifteen minutes."
So here I am, hair and suit dripping, feeling like a total idiot.

I put my clothes back on and made my way to the car. Luckily Sally called just then and asked if I wanted to meet for dinner. Oh yes, I did.
We had a lovely dinner and ran into Kerri and James and Kerri's parents... and then decided to rent Miss Potter and watch it at Sally's house.

During dinner I got a text from Jeff's friend Colby... his wife had just had their first baby and he seemed to want me to come. Her family was there and I think he was feeling a little alone!

Sally went to rent the movie and I stopped at Walgreens for emergency baby gift wrapping. I held this perfect little person and watched how he looked at her. It was one of the most beautiful things I have ever seen.

Miss Potter is a lovely movie, full of sweetness and love and fierce independence.

Now I'm home again, with the kitties...

Today was a wonderful day full of a diversity of love and I feel quiet and peaceful and lovely. I know that these peaceful times don't last so I am holding onto this one with both hands.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Such pretty flowers! I'd love to live at the Beatrix Potter estate. It's so pretty.

Anonymous said...

Oh Miss Kate... he's not a boyfriend. He's a non-platonic man-friend. Don't poke the bear.