OK.
You all know that I love bad, bad things. Double-Stuff Oreos. Twinkies. Cheese pizza with extra cheese. If it's bad for me I just can't seem to say "no" or "enough." For me, if something is bad (and also bad) it's always, "more, thank you!" I love almost everything with chocolate, and everything else with bacon...
But Scott Simon just interviewed a woman who talked about chocolate-covered bacon on a stick at the Minnesota State Fair. I'm afraid that has just gone too far.
Yuck.
And also? I really hate Scott Simon.
Anyway...
Last night Bean and I went out to dinner and a movie with our friend M.
We LOVE her. She's quirky and smart and funny... if I didn't know better I'd swear I gave birth to her!
M had a sad week... and we wanted to cheer her up...
So we saw the "Sing-Along" version of Mama Mia! and we sang our little lungs out. There is just something about Abba and sequins that makes it really difficult to be unhappy.
We took her back home and then Bean and I stayed up watching the first four episodes of The X-Files. There was one episode that kept making us squeal and yell, "OOOOOH creepy! Creepy, OOOOOOH!" We were quite the sight - huddled under the covers, hiding from the icky stuff and drooling over a (young) David Duchovney.
Then I (shock of all shocks) couldn't sleep. Not because of the X-Files... I'm not that big of a baby... but because for some reason I apparently can not sleep on Friday nights anymore. Which leads to sleepy Saturdays and "stay in bed all day" Sundays. But tired also leads to cluttered thinking and cluttered thinking leads to trouble. I need less trouble.
Speaking of trouble... I try not to get political here (or, you know, anywhere) but really McCain? Palin? Really? Whose vote do you think you're going to get here... mine? Because she's female? You could nominate my MOM and I would still vote Obama over your small-minded, pro-violence, anti-woman platform.
(That felt kind of good).
And I am sort of having fun with all of the "little known fact about Sarah Palin" tweets on Twitter. I'll probably be doing THAT until they lose in November.
In other news... I ordered the yarn for my brother's Ernie sweater. I was going to go with Berroco Comfort, mostly because I could get it at Twist and he could still wash it, but KnitPicks had the right colors at the WAY right price in Swish Superwash. I'm sure I will buy an equivalent amount of yarn over the next two weeks... despite the fact that I have a severely reduced income I manage to keep spending money like I have it. (Is it November yet?!?)
Sigh.
Next weekend is my "Fuckitall" trip... in which I will leave town to an undisclosed location with an undisclosed bad, bad companion to loll around in a hot tub for two days. Not going to a museum, not going to visit anyone, not going to read anything for school or answer any calls from work...
Double sigh.
Carry on, designers! Make it work!
Saturday, August 30, 2008
Hodge-Podge
Posted by J. Denae at 7:50 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
I could use a weekend trip like that. I hope you have fun awesomely.
Post a Comment