BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Friday, August 29, 2008

...And Breathe

Seriously.
School and practicum and work is a LOT... especially in comparison to my two weeks of sleep, knit, read, repeat.
I have been exhausted and feeling really behind since Monday morning.

Monday in class we went over everything that we'll be doing from now until graduation in May. We all left at the end of class sort of stunned and freaked out.
Then Monday night I went to Bean's open house at school... public school makes me sad. I don't know if they really don't know what they're doing or if it just LOOKS like they don't know what they're doing, but teaching to the lowest common denominator is not, in my humble opinion, the best way to keep my kid engaged and interested in learning.

Tuesday and Wednesday I went to my practicum... it's also overwhelming.
Tuesday night the Bad, Ban man came over. I made chili and more Anadama bread. Yummy... and he made my neck feel a little better. It's good to have a bad man around sometimes.

Thursday I woke up and the mini-migraine I had been nursing all week had turned violent. I threw up twice and went back to bed. I slept all day. All. Day.
Thursday night the Roto Rooter guy came and spent three hours unclogging the tree roots from my sewer line. He also cleared out the line that runs from my laundry room. Now I can do laundry without eleven bilion gallons of water flooding the laundry room. Horay! And it didn't cost as much as I thought it would.

Today I woke up and went to work and then got a massage. The Fabulous Michelle is still broken, so I went to The Wonderful Sarah. She is not TFM, but I can move my neck now. And that is a good thing. My head still hurts, but not as bad as yesterday. Also a good thing.

And I have a new knitting project. Again, for someone else. I know.
But my baby brother wants The Ernie Sweater... and he's a thin guy, surely it won't take long to knit!


Cool, right?

2 comments:

Cerise said...

Cool sweater! I was totally amazed to watch someone knit while she was flat on her back, holding her hands up over her chest. She said it was a break to her neck from bending over her knitting. I wonder if that would help your neck? I wouldn't think it was possible, but I saw her do it.

Sarah Y said...

I just hope your brother doesn't sport a mustache like that.

glad your neck is better :)