BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wednesday, May 13, 2009

So, Hi!

Things are looking up at Casa NapLover.

My presentation on Monday KICKED ASS. Seriously. D and I rocked the room, and the crowd loved us.

Then yesterday I had a job interview. I'll find out by Friday either way. The interview was great... I actually do very well in interviews. The problem is that I haven't passed the licensing exam yet and I have no previous (professional) experience with kids. I do have supervisory experience which is a key part of this job, and I AM fabulous (which I TOTALLY said, by the way) so maybe that will overcome any deficiencies I may have.

Today I worked in my mom's garden (shut up, I did so!) to help get the back yard ready for my graduation party. I found that while I do still feel that digging in the dirt is ucky and I still don't like the outdoors I am actually pretty good at planting stuff.

I, of course, came prepared:


Because I am so fair that even five minutes in the sun makes me look all lobster-y. "Lobster" is not my look for graduation.
I'm just saying.

This was what I started with:


This is part of a limestone wall that my dad and brother built one summer. There was supposed to be a fountain... but that part never happened. So it's just been sitting and collecting gross green sludge and algae.
"Eeeeeeeew" doesn't even begin to describe it.

Princesses do not like ucky hands.

At. All.

I ended up with this:



Working in the yard will never be my favorite thing, but all in all it wasn't bad!

0 comments: